Thread: baby shower food ideas!!! pls help

Exclamation baby shower food ideas!!! pls help

i am having a baby shower in 3 weeks and there is about 25 adults coming including around 30 kids and i have hired out a section of a park in my local area and im stuck on what sort of food i should get.. i was gonna do a bbq but i dont wanna be cooking and etc.. my DH suggested i buy platters but i have no idea where to start on looking up stuff like that... i live in the parramatta area if any one can suggest places i would be soooo grateful!!

I'm pretty sure coles and woolies will do a cold meat and cheese type platter from the deli
    How about slices and sandwiches, mini quiches, chicken wings, cupcakes.....dunno are you after a meal? or morning afternoon tea?

Would it make your life easier if people just bought a plate?

I've had the Woolworths platters before, they're nice. Subway do platters too, not sure on the prices though. Good luck and enjoy your shower!

its more of a lunch sort of thing its being held at 11 so eating probably 12pm, my dh doesnt want me fiddling with food lol not that i cant cook but he just thinks i shouldnt have to.. i thought of asking ppl to bring a plate but then i dont want them to have to worry bout it and in case one persons food gets left alone and doesnt get eaten i dont want any feelings being hurt lol... i rang red rooster and they gave me a quote on 10 chickens cut into 8 peices each chicken for 135 dollars?? i thought i could throw 3 different salads together and that should be ok yeah?? for the dessert part i was thinking of getting cupcakes but they seem expensive and i have no idea where any are located here...

Sounds like a good idea.
    Hmmmm not sure about the cup cakes. We are originally from around there and my SIL is in Greystanes...I'll ask her if she know's of anyone.

There is a great cupcake store in westfields parramatta, down near the station. YUMMY! So many flavors.
    Or you could get a donut king 'cake', I've seen that at a baby shower before.
    Or Krispy Cream (sp??) 'cake'.
    Or Gloria Jeans make an awesome mudcake, large enough to feed the office.
    Or Michele's do cupcakes as well. Nice pink ones.

I've joined enough cupcake fan pages on facebook, I should be able to rattle off some names, but I can't think of any at the moment.

Have a wonderful baby shower

LOL thanks charliebrowngirl lol i am looking into everything so any idea is great lol.. that would be great kim!! i have gone all blank but if this wasnt for myself i bet i would remember str8 away lol

Thanks ladies!!!

My mum organised my suprise baby shower...she got the Coles & woolies platters. They were great, heaps of different types, plenty to feed people, and they priced pretty good 2! My bestie also had them at her wedding (done on a budget but so awsome!) she had 7 platters and it fed like 50 people. I think they are great

I'm hosting a baby shower for a friend in 3 weeks as well and even though I will have only half as many guests as you, we are doing a potluck. It is too expensive and too much work to prepare that much food. ALL of the baby showers I've been to lately were potlucks and no ones feelings were hurt by untouched dishes. Platters are def the way to go if you are going to do all the food yourself though. Hope your shower goes smootly

we had catering the other day at a function. it was all from Subway...they did it ALL! sandwiches and cakes and cookies and cupcakes...could be worth investigating??

thanks ladies im still looking into it all but i am grateful for all the input thanks heaps

I second woolies platters, I have used them for school a number of times and they have been great. they do wraps and cold meats/cheeses as well. You can also buy boxes of mini cupcakes from them $10 for 24 cakes.
    There is a Sara lee factory outlet at Northmead where you can buy really big slab cakes cheaply too.

Hun, I asked my SIL and she sent me an email with a heap of info. I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. If you want to shoot me a PM with your email I can forward it to you?

Oh Girls perfect thread for me. I am throwing a friends Baby Shower and have no idea what to do food wise. I will be 11 weeks pregnant and am not telling our friends until after this shower as I want all the focus to be on my friend as it is her first.

I would prefer to cook most things but baby brain is giving me a blank everything I try to think of things to cook.