Thread: Dessert for BBQ - gluten free, and for 14-20 adults

Default Dessert for BBQ - gluten free, and for 14-20 adults

Hello all,
    We're going to a BBQ tomorrow afternoon/evening, and I'm supposed to be bringing dessert...only problem is I'm kinda stumped on what to take!?

It has to be gluten free - or, if I get a few simple ideas I need at least one gluten free, and one that is just as is.

So tell me your BBQ dessert ideas - needs to be enough for possibly 20 adults...and we live in Townsville, North Queensland - it's pretty hot at the moment, so don't want a dessert that has to be heated up.

TIA! xx

Meringue is gluten free - I buy the already made meringue cases from the supermarket and top them with whipped cream (may not be gluten free though??) and berries then dust with icing sugar - simple & easy.

Yep a pavlova or meringue's with cream & fruit are gluten free and yummy

You can make Gluten Free pretty much anything now. You could buy some gluten free biscuits and do a slice, or rumballs, a gluten free chocolate ripple cake or cheesecake.

Thanks girls! Will let you know how i go!

There are loads of recipes on the net for gluten free flourless orange cake. Especially delicious with a dollop of cream!!!

My neighbours daughter has coeliac (sp?) disease and they have pavlovas a lot...guess its just egg whites, cream and fruit You could even make little individual ones.

What about a big fruit platter with a twist. Strawberries, rockmelon, watermelon, honey dew melon, kiwi fruit, orange slices & whatever you like on bamboo skewers & then drizzle with some melted chocolate? Or have the fruit just in single pieces & then do a side dish of whipped cream, one of crushed nuts & some of melted chocolate?