Thread: Easy finger foods

Default Easy finger foods

Our engagement party is in a month and I want to start cooking and freezing some food. Its going to be fairly casual and I want food I can prepare now and freeze and then just thaw, plate and serve on the night. I want to be able to relax and not have to worry about heating (or burning in my case) the food. I catered for 80 people for my daughters 1st bday and the food was a hit but I spent all day in the kitchen and I dont want to do that again.

Any ideas would be welcome as I lack imigaination when it comes to cooking

ETA: I will be ordering some platters from woolies to take away some of the hassle

firstly congrats on engagement.
    I am not sure if you could freeze these but I assume it would be ok to do so as long as you started with fresh chicken not chicken you have frozen and thawed out, I made the chicken nuggets out of the 4 ingredients book the other night.

Too Easy Chicken Nuggets:

Cut chicken fillets into bite site pieces (nugget size) roll in mayo and then coat in breadcrumbs, I double coat so after i have rolled it in breadcrumbs I then roll them in mayo again and then into crumbs again. arrange then on a greased baking tray spray with cooking oil and put in oven at about 180 degrees for 20 mins they are the best nuggets you will ever eat, the only problem is I didnt make enough, they wont last long.
    Hope that helps

sounds yummy
    thanks salad