Thread: Preparing in advance?

Question Preparing in advance?

We have DD's birthday party on Saturday, mostly just family & mostly lunch type food. I want to do as much over tomorrow & Friday as I can so I dont have to doing anything Saturday morning except a quick tidy-up.

I have a friend bringing homemade sausage rolls, another friend bringing a muesli slice thing & my mum is bringing a zucchini slice. Im going to make fried rice & get some ****tail frankfurts.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for things I can make over the next 2 days (preferably healthy) or things that I can throw together in a matter of minutes on Sat.

Oh & my oven is horrible so I pretty much only have the top shelf to cook on otherwise everything gets burnt on the bottom & stays raw on top. I have 2 slowcookers as well, a 3.5 ltr & a 6.5ltr

Thanks in Advance

soup in the slowcooker (can be frozen later if not used - and then it's ready when you have your next kidlet)

with the limited oven space to use, i would look at things that don't need heat - maybe if you feel like cooking up some muffins/cupcakes and just icing them on saturday. chocolate ripple cake for dessert

Thanks BG

Your slow cooker and be used to heat up and keep warm things like meatballs and hotdogs in sauces. Happy cooking!