Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, would you add anything to my list?

Strippers.

Nah, I just felt like being a bit controversial...sounds like a good party to me! Ooh actually, decoration wise, I've been ogling a wicked little site called Lark (if you google Lark I'm sure you'll find it, one of my favourite ever online stores *spam spam*), and they have cute cupcake holders and striped straws and stuff. Will you have bunting?? A blog I love called Cakies, totally won my heart over to bunting, it totally totally makes an outdoor party. I think I've seen her do more like cloth flowers as opposed to the flags, but I'm sure you could figure something out that would be easy and quicker...like if there are Christmas decorations in store already, maybe some pastel baubles from string could be cute...

Of COURSE there'll be bunting, what would a Mad Hatters Tea Party be without bunting?!

*scurries off to find out what bunting is*

Quote Originally Posted by Keike View Post
    Of COURSE there'll be bunting, what would a Mad Hatters Tea Party be without bunting?!

*scurries off to find out what bunting is*

*quickly follows Keike in the search of bunting definition before anyone notices*

*Dusts off her Dictionary* Cough, cough *Puts on reading glasses*

Bunting (textile), a lightweight cloth material often used for flags and festive decorations

Oh wait there's more:

Today, "bunting" is a term for any festive decorations made of fabric, or of plastic, paper or even cardboard in imitation of fabric. Typical forms of bunting are strings of colorful triangular flags and lengths of fabric in the colors of national flags gathered and draped into swags or pleated into fan shapes.

ohhhhhh

DH has a friend who refers to the horizontal tango as 'bunting' so was a little curious as to what Nelle meant

Well that brings a new meaning to 'swinging from the chandeliers'. Probably someone was talking about decoration and someone else misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Well that brings a new meaning to 'swinging from the chandeliers'.

Boring post after all the above excitement but I never hold a party without a detailed time schedule. So if your mates are coming at 4pm I would make sure the drinks are in the fridge but 10am, dig out the choc fountain the night before, whip the cream by lunch time, cut up and make the fruit skewers early, take the cheese out the fridge at say 2pm (nothing worse than cold cheese on a platter) and so on. It just saves you panicking at the last minute and realising you've forgotten something....

My red velvet cupcakes are from a recipe on the Wilton site

I just read this thread, and I must say first and foremost: Thanks for the laughs re bunting. That is so funny! Exactly what I needed right now.

As for suggestions, I don't really have any, but if you're looking for 'cutesy' food, then google epicute and have a gander. One of my 'up-there' sites with BB And Christy, I'm off to look at Wilton!

Oh, that's actually really helpful Roryrory - I could quite possibly be the most disorganized person on the planet

Christy - how cool is that site! I'm so making Margarita cupcakes and Pina Colada cupcakes, and then I won't hafta provide ****tails!

Netix - loving that blog as well, on my 'follow' list!

can i come?

Christy's red velvet cupcakes are FANTASTIC!!!

We have some bunting at school for carnivals, I'd lend it to you but its a bit far LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12