Thread: warm bread/cob loaf dip thingy... Lol

Default warm bread/cob loaf dip thingy... Lol

does anyone have any recipes for the dips or meal type thing you cook in the bread?

Its like a dip but more filling.

i can not for the life of me remember what its could and being cooler weather lately i think it would be yummy.

Mmm you have made me so hungry!!

My Aunty makes a good one but I can't remember what is in it, chicken, sourcream... cann't remember what else. Watching this thread with interest!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

ohh sounds yum.

I know a work friend would do a spinich, sour cream and mayonaise dip. (i personally dont like spinich so would love to hear other recipes)

A friend of mine always makes it with a thick cheese or white sauce and puts roast chicken and spinach in it. You could also add corn, or zucchini or roasted pumpkin or all of them!!! You could do it with a can of soup or any other kind of soup (thicker rather than thinner).
    Pretty well you just get a cob. Chop the top off pull the insides out, leaving a little bit on the walls and base, and break into pieces to dip and the crisp it up in the oven. Once you've crisped it up pour in you sauce/soup and serve
    Yummy!!!

Mine have a cream cheese, sour cream, grated tasty base. Then add any fillings....
    chicken,tuna,spring onions,bacon,spinach, anything really...

Cut off the top, pull out excess bread. Fill with cream cheese combo, bake 40 min... last 15 min put in all the other bread bits, cut into bite size chunks, and crisp them up.... yummo.....

I make one which is so more-ish.

500mls sour cream
    2 slices of bacon, chopped and lightly fried
    2 spring onions finely chopped
    1 packet of spring vegetable soup mix
    chilli powder to taste (optional)

After cooking the bacon, mix all the ingredients together in a microwave proof bowl for 2 minutes.

Hollow out your cobb loaf and pour the mixture into the bread. Wrap in 2 layers of alfoil and bake at about 160 degrees for about an hour and fifteen or thereabouts.

I do...

2 tubs cream cheese
    1 pack french onion soup
    Spring onions chopped
    a couple rashers bacon

Mix up and put into hollowed out cob loaf, bake at 150 for about an hour or until it's warmed through.

A super quick way to do it,

In saucepan brown 1/2 a diced onion and about 3 rashers of chopped bacon in a little bit of olive oil or cooking spray. (must use saucepan not frying pan) once lightly browned, add 1 block of philly cheese, 1 cup grated cheese, 4 tbsp of sour cream. Mix well. Stir until all cheese melted and mixture is smooth. Careful not to let it catch and burn, it does burn real easy.

Meanwhile chop top off cob loaf, and rip insides out. Pop insides ripped up onto a tray and pop into oven, along with hollowed cob. Leave in oven until golden, Spoon melted bacon and cheese mixture into cob loaf, and 'whalla' instant cob loaf dip, no oven baking required.

There are other delicious versions around, spinach or tuna etc.

I also make a tuna one, in saucepan saute 1/2 diced onion then add a handful of finely chopped spinach leaves. Then add tin of tuna, block of philly cheese and a couple of tbsp of curry powder and a couple of tbsp of sour cream to make it not so thick. Heat until all mixed, serve in cob loaf or just a bowl as a warm dip, yummo!

Another great dipper to use as the chunks of cob loaf disappear rather quickly, get a large round pita bread, cut the whole bread into triangles (think of corn chip shape) lay on tray, spray with cooking spray and then sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning and bake, or brush lightly with a mixture of olive oil with crushed garlic in it, then sprinkle with sea salt, bake in oven until lightly golden and just going crispy.

In mine i put
    - Diced bacon
    -chopped onion
    -Phili cheese
    - Tasty Cheese
    - Mozerella Cheese
    - Parmasen (sp) cheese
    - Cream (about 250ml)

**Brown bacon and onion in pan.
    **Add all the cheeses the the pan and melt.
    ** Add cream to make cheese runnier and the consistancy of a dip.
    **Only add enough parmasen to make it the cheese to you liking. its a very bitey cheese and not everyone likes heaps.

** pull inside out of cob loaf pour in cheese and put in oven to crisp up.

This is a recipie that I have used for ever. Everywhere we go it's all people ask us to bring now LOL

PM if i haven't explained this well. Little jet lagged..

I made one the other day...

Lightly fry an onion and some bacon (I used half an onion and 4 rashers of rindless)
    500gms sour cream
    Whole egg mayonnaise
    Spinach (from the freezer section at supermarket)
    cheese
    Packet of spring vegetable soup (cup-a-soup)

Once the spinach was defrosted, mixed all together and microwaved for 3-5 minutes, then spoon into already oven-done cob loaf

Yummo...im making one for my neices birthday party tomorrow!!!!

I made one for a certain baby shower a couple of weeks ago...

1 block philly
    1 cup mozza
    1 cup cheddar
    1 cup cream
    1/2 onion finely diced
    (if so desired a couple of rashers of bacon diced)

Pull out the bread from the cob, mix all the ingredients together till somewhat smooth (I use my kitchen aid) put in and cook on 180 for about 40 mins, stirring occasionally. Serve and be sure to get in with a taste first, as it goes quick! (ours always does!)