Thread: My cat keeps peeing where he shouldn't and I can't get the smell out.

Default My cat keeps peeing where he shouldn't and I can't get the smell out.

My cat has been an indoor/outdoor cat since he was eight months old. During the day he goes outside to do his bussiness and at night or when its raining he has happily used the litter tray... until the last few weeks.

The last few weeks he keeps going in the one place and its driving me insane. When I stop and look at dates he has been going in that corner since about two weeks after i conceived... weird.

I have been cleaning it the best i can but it still smells and i just can not seems to get the smell out. I have tried hot water and soap, carpet deodiriser, spot on carpet cleaner, bicarb soda, white vinegaer and it still smells.

1. How do i stop him going in this spot. I was so desparte last night that i moved the litter tray there and he has clearly used it.

2. How do i get rid of the smell?

My vet told me to get some Bio-Zet washing powder and thoroughly clean the spot - apparently the enzymes break down the smell and so puss can't find the exact spot by smell. You may have to do something else as well, hopefully one of the knowledgeable ladies will reply with more help.

My cat peed on the curtains in the nursery when I was pg with DS so I can completely sympthasize.

My cats pee under the house so now I sprinkle the area with washing powder and the smell goes and they stopped peeing in that area

go to the vets and get "urine-off" which will remove all smells.

Don't use amonia / bleach as it will actually attract him to do it there.

Tehre's another thread http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/pets...cat-doing.html which has a lot of hints too.

good luck

^^^^ Agreed - Get some "Urine Off" you can even find it on Ebay!

It's the only thing I have found that gets rid of the smell and deters kitties from peeing there again... My lovely little Abyssinian sprayed our lounge while on heat She peed on it a couple of times and nothing would stop her going back there even after we had the lounge professionally cleaned and couldn't smell it ourselves anymore! A couple of light sprays of Urine Off and she's never done the dirty on the lounge again - And is now desexed, so goes outside! Loving it

Good luck!

missymiss Guest

Wow. Good tip with the urine off. I wonder what's in it?

enzymes I think. It's sooo worth it.

missymiss Guest

The cat that pees...is it desexed?