Thread: my dogs

Default my dogs

I'm over 13 weeks preg with my first...
    I have 2 little miniature fox terriers. Precious, tiny little girls....5 yrs old.
    usually if i watch tv they will sit on my legs or sit on the other side of the couch on their cushion, but for the last week they have BOTH been putting their paws on my stomach, laying their head on their paws, and they sit and STARE at me til they doze off.
    I think they know something's in there! hehe. Oh, it's gorgeous. Just thought i'd share.

Very sweet Congrats on your pregnancy too!

they sure are perceptive little beings arent they?? just wait until you are close to labour. both my dog and female cat became attached to me lol! now my female cat won't even let me shower on my own

My cat was like this last pregnancy - he is now attached to my son! How precious are they - so gorgeous!!!!! Congrats on the pregnancy!

It's so cute, our dog Cassie was PG when i was, she had 12 pups and she was still so protective of me when other people came, it was like i was a pup of hers and she was protecting me, she now has the most amazing bond with my daughter.
    Try and allow the to be near you for as long as you can while they are gentle, then introduce bubs straight away through a glass door or windo etc, let them hear bubs cry and then slowly introduce face to face contact, they will love it as much as you will.

Oh they know. They are usign their 6th sense. So beautiful arent they!
    Dont be surprised if they get quite protective of you.
    Also while you still have plenty of time, start making any changes that will happen with them when the baby comes now so they are used to them after the baby is born and then dont resent the baby.

Congrats on your pregnancy

Sounds like a Kodak moment ;-)

My dog was the same. Shes my best friend before I had DD she was the baby and would come everywere with me. When she had puppies 2 years ago, I used to love putting my hand on her belly and feeling them move. She knew something was there when I was pregnant, forever sniffing my belly and resting her head on their. When DD started making big movements I would place her paw on my belly and she would give me one of those gorgeous sideways looks when I went into labour she went nuts, she didnt see me for 4 days and DP recons she was a nightmare at home lol

I was worried what she would be like with DD, being so close to me I thort she would be jealous, I could not have been more wrong! She loves DD! so gentle with her! and DD loves her too its so cute watching her roll over to the dogs and screech when ever she sees them Im sure they are gonna be best friends

P.s. plz dont think i dont supervise the dogs around her!

And to add on what some of the other ladies have said up above, when you have bub, if you're having a longer stay in hospital, then get your DH/DF/SO to bring home clothing bub has been in, so they get used to the smell

Nawwwwww...so sweet!