Thread: Ok.. so my dog is a shocking guard dog

Default Ok.. so my dog is a shocking guard dog

As I've just discovered

I know beagles aren't known for their tough stance when it comes to strangers, and true she will lick you to death if given half the chance, but still - when the electricity guy comes to read the meter, I expect my dog to do SOMETHING!!!

But no. I was in the laundry and heard someone whistling. Thought to myself, gee that almost sounds like someone is at my back gate whistling for Pepper. Then I nearly shiat myself when the electricity guy comes walking past the laundry window to read my meter!!!!!

Not a sound out of Pepper. She did NOTHING. Seriously, why have a dog if it won't even bark when some stranger is walking through the property!?

Bloody beagles

My dog runs in the opposite direction when the man reads our water meter then stands on the verandah and barks at him from a distance

At least your dog barks!! So you can be notified that someone is on the property!!! Stupid dog.. LOL

lol, this reminds me of when xavi was just born, and i was wandering around in knickers, cause he was constantly breastfeeding, and it was summer, so minimal clothes was brilliant, anyway, i'm standing in my loungeroom, which is just off the laundry and backdoor, and the meter man walks past, looks in, and sees me in all my post-birth naked glory. ohhh the shame. and yep, we had THREE dogs, who did absolutely nothing, they were too busy cooling themselves on the verandah.

Exactly Renee - I could have been NAKED!!!!! Thank god he didn't even look in the window, cos I'm not exactly dressed nicely and was bending over so had about 2 inches of butt crack hanging out the top of my trackies..

That's hilarious!!!

this just gets funnier lol...

our cat was a better guard dog lol
    he atleast scratch the door when a car pulled up lol

Lol! Our dog is a bit the same (golden retriever), he will bark if someone is walking past our house, or he can hear party goers up the street on a weekend but if someone is at the back gate he won't make a sound..as we found out when a guy came to deliver a load of wood and we had no idea he was here until we heard the gate opening!

Our dog has officially been relieved of guard dog duties here too. I know someones at the door because I hear her tail thump happily against the side of the doghouse as she sits looking through the gate to the front door

We have a beagle too. She's three and only once ever barked to let us know something was up and that was only because someone was walking on the outside of the perimeter fence. If someone pulls up out the front, she'll look through the gate and wag her tail. Our ****er spaniel, one year younger, is the guard dog and a pretty good one at that. If someone had told me that before we got her, I wouldn't have believed them.

This reminds me of the dog we had. He was a wolf hound cross so he was a BIG dog. We had some guys come from telstra they needed to check some box in our backyard. At first they wouldnt come into our backyard as they thought Tiger would attack them but we told them hes actually afraid of strangers. So they came in after 10 mins of having to psych themselves up me and mum went back inside and we were watching him from the window and when they werent looking Tiger would sneak up behind them and when they turned around he would run away with his tail between his legs

When our dog was alive our electricity guy would ring before he came to our house because our Dog hated him so much, We would have to tie her up under the house and hold onto her collar so he could read. He tried and tried to be friends with her but she just turned vicious when he was walking the streets.. He said in all his years (and he still reads our meter now) he has never had a dog hate him so much lol..