Thread: Sleep all day, up all night... Kitty Cats

Question Sleep all day, up all night... Kitty Cats

My Kitty Cats sleep all day and run around the house all night! Any tips on how to reverse that!? It drives me nuts when they wake me up several times a night!

Hey zee...
    They are stlll young - I found with mine that putting my cats in a smaller room (eg lock them in the bedroom) would really help, or a laundry/bathroom they couldn't destroy. A lot depends on what breed they are too - orientals will be a lot more active at night.

This is the joy of cats - they have to be trained just like any other animal to do what you want them to do

Thanks Kazbah!

I agree, mine used to drive me nuts running around the house at night and because they were indoor & outdoor cats, they had bells on too so if it wasn't jingle jangle crash boom all night, they'd be at our bedroom door meowing to come in for snuggles! We started putting them in the laundry at night with a big cosy bed, some kitty litter and lots yummy food & water, they then settled in for the night, slept siently and did all their exploring through the day... Now we back onto a big bushland resevre and have a gorgeous rear timber deck, they're mostly outside anyway... So maybe try "tucking them in" to a smaller rom at night.. Good luck!! Cats are traditionally nocturnal I suppose

Oh No Alicia!!!! You're in Springfield Lakes, backing onto a bushland reserve, and you're leaving your cats out at night?

Please tell me it isn't true ... that your cats are roaming where native animals are sleeping?

Alicia - please tell me you bring them in just before dusk and let them out after dawn.

Actually in the catchment area for Ipswich City Council (where I think Springfield is) it is illegal to have them outside of your property (ICC - cat owner obligations) and you should have them registered as well. Also in Brisbane City Council (BCC - keeping a cat) cats aren't allowed to roam and shouldn't be out at night.
    Last edited by Sopdet; July 9th, 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Our cubs are mostly indoor we give them play time outside during the day for a couple of hours but they are always in before dusk for dinner