Thread: they..dead

Unhappy they..dead

Hey, guys. I've been very sad these days.
    I have two dogs in my house, Teddy and Venus. and recently their 5 babies were born! Cute, beautiful, naughty, lovely. we all care them so much.
    yet, something really frustrating happened these days. they died one by one, somehow!
    and now, only 1 of them survived.
    hope he could be healthy and live longer.

Does the mother have a sufficient milk supply? Did you have her checked by a vet before, during and after the birth of the babies, was she on extra vitamins, food suppliments? To be honest, after the first one died, I would have been getting it checked and not leaving it till they have died one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by ausgirl View Post
    Does the mother have a sufficient milk supply? Did you have her checked by a vet before, during and after the birth of the babies, was she on extra vitamins, food suppliments? To be honest, after the first one died, I would have been getting it checked and not leaving it till they have died one by one.
    thanks, ausgirl. But i must say i've done all the things you refered to. we gave them good dog food, milk. and it cost me much to take him to the vets'. but he was just coming back home when he died! we really dont know why.

Did the last one die when you were bringing it back home from the vet? And the vet could not tell you why any of the pups died? I'm not understanding what you mean...
    I agree with ausgirl, I would have taken them all to the vet even just for a check up straight after the mother gave birth. There are wonderful vets such as the Lort Smith Animal Hospital who let you have accounts with them and pay the bill over time if you do not have enough money to pay up front.

Google puppy fading syndrome. It may give you some ideas as to possible causes. Puppies like babies are very fragile and I have seen puppies die of common things like worms and fleas. How sad for you and your dog
    If she is making lots of milk with no puppies keep an eye on her for mastitis occurring over the next few days (same symptoms as in people).