Thread: whats the next option?

Default whats the next option?

our cat has recurring worms atm we have been treating every2 weeks but she isnt improving, and she had licked her hind legs so now there is only just a little fuzz over them(she is a double coat)

so what is the next option to rid our house of worms?
    she is 9 yrs old and we dont like her inside until this is sorted(we are worming our selves again too)

I guess just take her to the vet, they will be able to give you a better opinion on what the next step would be... there might be other health issues as to why the worms keep coming back?

Are you able to rotate the active ingredient in the worming tablets? Not sure if you're supposed to do it (or if they even make tablets with a different active ingredient) with dogs & cats, but with horses/cattle etc you're meant to change after every few times.

have you taken the cat to your vet? As Natasha said there may be an underlying issue, at the very least your vet should be able to tell you how to get rid of them.

Why do you think she has worms? If you can actually see bits of worm in her poo it is usually tapeworm from fleas. So I would recommend using a good brand of wormer like drontal (they aren't all as effective as each other). All make sure she is de-fleaed as if it is that worm she will just keep reinfecting herself as she ingests fleas. You can also use droncit which is a tapewormer only to boost the drontal. Some people do this in areas where their cats eat a lot of lizards etc and the cat is at risk for the other tapeworm.
    Hope this helps. Have you contacted your vet - a good nurse will give you phone advice. If it is recurring it is probably worth doing a faecal float so they can actually see what parasites are there.

i rang the vet and we are trying their worming tablets, its definatley not fleas i have checked throroughly as well as having flead her JIC.
    she is a great rat catcher so i feel that is where they keep coming from. she is an outside cat who sleeps inside and mostly on DD's bed (everything is washed and we have been wormed too)
    i did see a worm the otherday when she had been sitting on the bonnet of my car and cleaning her self(she left it on the bonnet for me.. blerg)