Thread: Why would she have done this now?

Question Why would she have done this now?

Pepper wrecked her woollen mattress that she sleeps on. It cost us $100 when we first moved down here, she's never tried to wreck it before. It was bloody freezing cold last night, got up this morning and she had torn it all apart outside the back door. Why Pepper - why!!!!! She's had it for 11 months, and now decides to wreck it!!! On a really cold night!!!

I swear - she's just.. dumb....

Esmae did the same thing awile ago...she had a nice snuggly rug on her bed and we got up one morning and she had made confetti with it now I just buy cheap ones from the reject shop

My Mums dog did this about a week ago to her bed.

I said maybe she's bored ??

Anyway - i guess it's not as cosy and warm anymore ! No way would i rip up my doona etc....

Mel, I am no animal behaviour expert, but these are my guesses:

You say it was really, really cold, could she have been trying to wrap herself up in it to keep warm? Maybe she was tearing it apart for exercise to keep warm? But I really don’t know.

I agree with the above posters that it could be her tryin to make her bed more comfy or boredom

Obviously there was a dog memo going around if they all did it at the same time

I dunno, its been colder and she hasn't ruined it? And I'm pretty sure she's at the same level of boredom too...

Maybe she's been listening to us talking about moving again and is starting to get a bit antsy...