Thread: Coming off the pill, what to expect?

Default Coming off the pill, what to expect?

We have decided to start thinking about baby number 2, therefore I took my last loette pill almost a week ago now. Still no AF, but when can I expect it to begin? Also I'm scared of weight gain from coming off the pill, is this a normal symptom or is it more for when you start on a pill?

Both times ive come off AF arrived on the day it should have (if id still been on the pill) and then stayed that way, ie, every 28 days. Never had weight gain going on or off the pill i was taking.

Hmm I did have the normal withdrawl bleed I think they call it, but its never anything much. I was thinking that by now I would have had a bit more action iykwim seeing as I've completely stopped the pill...Maybe I am just being impatient lol!

Well, i am going to presume you have been on the pill since your DD was born (or there'bouts).. if so, it may take awhile for it to register in your system, and your body need's to re-learn how to self regulate all the hormones.

Give it a bit more time...

Goodluck i hope you wont be in the evil ttc worl for long

I had been on the pill for about 9 years (a little on and off but definatly on for 3 years solid) when we decided to start TTC - I waited until I had my period and then did not take any more of the pill, I got my period once, within a few days of when it should arrive and then I fell pregnant the following month. In the past when I have come off of the pill (although not for TTC reasons) it has taken me 6-8 weeks to regulate.

I hope your wait isn't to long

As far as weight gain goes... after many years depending on the pill I did not gain any weight when I stopped taking it

Thanks girls we will give it a go anyway & see what happens