Thread: Withdrawal bleed very different after pregnancy

Default Withdrawal bleed very different after pregnancy

I've noticed since having DD that my withdrawal bleed (I'm on Levlen ED) is very different to what it was prior to stopping taking it before TTC DD.
    Before it always went mostly like a normal period, lasted about 7 days, first few days were quite heavy and gradually lightened off after that. It would only be a day, or 2 at the most of taking the white pills before it would start.

Now though it takes 3, sometimes 4 days of white pills before it starts, it isn't really that heavy at all compared to what it used to be and it only lasts 3 or 4 days before it stops. Has anyone else experienced this? Not that I'm complaining, the less days I'm bleeding for the better as far as I'm concerned I just thought it was a bit odd how it is so different, would it be from being pregnant, or just that I had such a long break from it while I was pregnant?

I noticed that my periods after pregnancy were much lighter than they previously had been also. And that was without even going back on the pill. Not sure exactly why. But it didn't affect my ablity to conceive again

I think many women experience significantly changed periods after pregnancy. I know endo doctors often recommend TTC to help.

I wish! I've had the opposite... and 18 months later I'm still getting random breakthrough bleeds.

*sigh*

I know, back to the GP...

BW