Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yasmin?

Default Yasmin?

Hi! My doctor gave me a script for the OCP Yasmin, I haven't been on this one before but I was worried about weight gain etc and he said that this had minimal side effects. Just interested in hearing from people who are on this or have been on this and if they have had problems or good experience with it. My DH and I do not want another child in the next year but condoms are just not pleasant! lol. Thanks.

Hi Rachel. I was on Yasmin about two years ago, and I found it had virtually no side effects on me. I stopped using it because at the time, I thought it was contributing to my depression, but since have realised that it was most likely other factors, and not the Yasmin.

So a thumbs up from me

Lisa xx

Not me personally, but my best friend has been on Yasmin since she was fifteen to help with her PCOS - and she says it's fantastic, she has had no issues with it whatsoever.
    Well, the only thing she has said, was like Lisa, that it may have been contributing to her depression - but she got that sorted as well and was from other contributing factors.

I had no problem on it and I am pretty sure it was the last pill I was on before falling pregnant the first time. I used to get bad headaches from other pills and not with Yasmkin. So no problem on it and no problem getting pregnant afterwards. HTH

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I was on Yasmin for 2 years before pergnancy and loved it no problems.

I actually changed from other pill to Yasmin due to feeling down on it and bloated.

It is one of most prescribed OCP as does have least side efects i actually have about 4 friends on this one.

I actually lost weight on it and it was the best pill I've been on. No side effects to report of in my experience.

Thanks ladies! Weight gain was my biggest concern with the OCP...i came off the OCP last time to try to lose weight and ended up gaining a whole lot more weight (my DD)! As much as we love her and wouldn't change it for the world, we are not ready for another one, but I still want to lose weight. Thanks so much, i shall be filling my script this week.

A doctor put me on Yasmin before we TTC this baby as i generally get migrains due to (what i think) hormonal reasons. She said its low dose in something that triggers my migrains which usually come a week before each AF is due. Well, Yasmin didnt help. I still got my migrains.
    Dont know if that helps or not but yeh just my experience.

I've been on Yasmin for 6 years now (except when ttc or pregnant!) and it's great for me. I used to get many different side effects from other types, but nothing from Yasmin... no weight gain, no sore bbs, and best of all - NO PMS!!

I was on Yasmin for about 4 months and got alot of bloating, headaches and severe mood swings - one minute I was fine, the next in a rage! I guess it's different for everyone. I tried 7 different pills with no good results so had to do without it in the end.

Thanks Kell, Dee and Jess. I have decided to give it a go. Jess it sounds like you have troubles with many different pills, thanks for your experience, but I have been on many pills before and haven't had a problem so hopefully it will be the same with Yasmin.

Thanks ladies.

Hi-

My Gp Put me on Yasmin as i was worried bout weight gain. He told me that when on yasmin you shouldnt put on any weight and can even lose a small amount- i lost 1kg every month i was on ot (only small amount but hey better then putting weight on) It was expensive when i started it bout 90 bucks for 3 months but think the price may have dropped now...

I stopped it as i was on it for 3 yrs and gave my body a break from the pill...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I've just started on Yasmin today, to give it a go for a little while to try and help to regulate my cycle - has been about 12-18 months since I got my period back after 5 years of breastfeeding and its still all over the place, which is very frustrating.

The doctor said to me that there is the notion that it's 'best' on the market as it's most expensive ($55 for 3 cycles), is a new generation hormone and it has an added ingredient which is a diuretic to help prevent common symptoms being on the pill like bloating and water retention. So given it's short term I will be using it, I decided to give it a go because in the past low dose pills have been useless - sick of breakthrough bleeding on them and even the doctor agreed they were a pain. But hopefully wont have many side effects on these like the others in the past. Was on logynon for a while and was sick of headaches.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kelly - hope it works for you. I had probs getting my cycle back after feeding too (even though I only fed for 3 months...) and my doc suggested Lisa Curry-Kenny's 30+. I tried it and after 2 months my cycle and hormones were back on track with even my mood swings settling down. (sorry, that was very off topic...)

What is that?! Never heard of it before!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

You get it in the chemist from vitamin section. It says it's a natural way of helping your body to regulate your hormones after being on pill for years or after breast-feeding. It was 2 years ago I used it so can't remember ingredients, but it worked for me and had no side-effects. It's designed for women over 30 years of age, hence the name. I think it's a similar concept to her menopause tablets.

Ahhh thanks will check it out
    Kelly xx

Thanks ladies. I decided to bite the bullet and go and fill my prescription, so I started it yesterday and we will see how we go. The weight loss sounds very appealing, lol! Kelly, I was on the pill since I was 15 years old due to acne and I honestly can't remember what it was like to have a period without the pill, well, if it is anything like what I have been having I wasn't impressed, my last cycle was 35 days! Very frustrating, so back on the pill I am....plus, this will be less stress when it comes to having fun with my husband! Thanks again for all of your experiences ladies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast