Thread: Placenta Previa

Default Placenta Previa

Hello ladies well our 20 week scan has been and gone (22 Weeks today) and the diagnosis of this Placenta Previa not just a low Placenta but it is totally covering the cervix at the moment will check on it again at 24 week scan and then again at 32 weeks to see what is happening.
    Due to IVF they say the bubs just implanted low nothing else caused it.

All they can tell us at the moment that it may possibly require hospitilization for me before the birth for observation and also 90 % chance of a C Section as when Placenta is this low not much chance of it moving out the way for a natural birth. Also there is a risk of major bleeding so nothing too strenuous including intercourse until D Day which will involve about 3 Dr's not just 1 to attend to me and bubs as it affects us both apparently.

With just 7 weeks left of work I hope to have some time relaxing at home before more drama.

Am finishing work at 7 mths due to my job being quite demanding physically.

Just curious to hear if anyone else has had this condition.

I hope all goes well for you both and that your baby arrives safe in your arms,

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Chele - congrates all is okay with your bubba. PP is a concern but keep asking you DR to check you frequently.

I have been thinking of you - maybe post this in 2nd trimemster thread too ... just take things easy and one day at a time. There have been a few ladies with this ... just posts in here don't always get seen if they drop of the 'new posts' 1st pages.

hope you get some answers ... did you search BB forums ... maybe a moderator can help you find some old threads.

Chele, 2 of the girls in my belly buddies group had placenta previa and they both delivered beautiful, healthy bubbas via c-section.

Thee is still a posibility of it clearing the cervix before delivery as most of the growth of the upper part of the uterus occurs in the last half of your pregnancy.
    Good luck!!

Chele - I have a low lying placenta but my OB isnt worried at this stage and will send me for another scan around 35wks to determine if I have to have a c-section. She said that 80% of the time, the placenta does move as the uterus grows. Ive had some bleeding with this pg and have been told to take it easy. Also dh and I havnet DTD in two months as we are a bit nervous of causing another bleed.

I hope it all goes well for you,
    Lisa

Heya Lisa
    Our Dr told us no intercourse at all and hubby is already climbing the walls LOL
    Yeah like you say not too concerned at moment and an extra scan at 32 weeks is booked to review further. It is too early to tell at this stage but it is good to hear form others hey.

Trish your boys look so adorable in your ticker

Chele - thank you - drop in and let us know how you are going

Hey yeah I know me bad I keep forgetting to come back LOL

Had 24 week ultrasound yesterday and all is still the same with Placenta but they don't expect much else until the 32 week scan then they might see a difference.

Other than that all is fabulous bubs is kicking like mad and is 723 grams and give or take a day or two either side from US measurements is perfect size for its age so getting really excited now ♥

Chele that is wonderful news bubs is doing so well - hope your placenta moves up.

Chele when is your 32wk scan - wishing you all the best

Chele - THere is always a chance your placenta will move, I really hope it does for you. My neice`s placenta was exactly same position as yours but she was having regular checks due to the PP and a stitch in her cervix, her placenta did eventually move but it wasn`t until she had the 32 week ultrasound, she went on to labour her baby.

Good luck to you I hope it all works out well

Heya my 32 week scan is next Thursday arvo so shall update ya all on Friday probably andthen we see Dr 2 weeks after scan even if does move now got prob of Gestational Diabeties so still not looking good hey LOL nothing ever easy for us.

CHELE - how are you going ? - woohoo 35wks

Smile

Sorry I not been back all I get busy and forget all about BB

Thanks to Trish for reminding me all the time LOL

OK 32 week scan showed nothing had changed and Munchkin was tranverse they had their head over on my righ and bottom under my chin LOL and legs way over and down on the left so guess what we saw yep you got it NOTHING!!!

All measurements were all ok and right for age etc and pleanty of fluid etc so thats all that matters but we have been wishing for a decent u/s piccie but oh well not to be they are camera shy hey LOL

So we are booked in for a section between the 16th and the 23rd LOL can't tell ya the exact date now can I

Have just about finished Antenatel Classes and had tour of Hospital Nursery is 99% ready to go so all looks good now we wait he he.

Michelle ~Angel Baby's Mum~ & Dave are proud to announce the early but safe arrival of their precious daughter

Jessica Zoe
    13th August at 9.14am
    6lbs 2 ounces (2796gm)
    (37weeks 5days)