Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding a mothers group...

Default Finding a mothers group...

So I don't really have any friends with babies except you girls on BB!!
    Where do I find a mothers group or something?? I forgot to ask my MCHN last visit, do I ask them about it? Am thinking I need something to do, when I'm finally allowed to drive again.

Yep ask your CMHN, usually they start around 6 weeks and will be at the place that you go for your visits.
    They should organise you into one, but if not you could look at the playgroups website and see if there is anything local in your area...
    At the playgroup that i go to there are babies that have been there from birth, its a musical one, so its for all ages and stages, the babies just get sung to, the older ones sing and dance and the Mums can bop around

where are you located?

MCHN should have virtually enrolled you in a mums group - not sure where you live, but our council (Casey) did this pretty much from the first visit & we joined when dd was approx. 8 weeks old.
    If mums group doesn't appeal - a playgroup might & you can get names & numbers via local council.

Slack MCHN, lol. I will ask her next visit then! Except I go to one that's in a different suburb than me bc it follows on from the midwifery program I was in, and it's not a very nice suburb, lol. Hopefully I can go to one in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by RhiChiChi View Post
    MCHN should have virtually enrolled you in a mums group - not sure where you live, but our council (Casey) did this pretty much from the first visit & we joined when dd was approx. 8 weeks old.
    We must live in the same area (kinda) im in Casey too.

I hated my mothers group, but your MCHN can get you into one, when i didnt like my first one they tried to get me to go into another group but i was turned off from the first one and never went again

Hey sweetie a few girls and I catch up on a Friday if you want to play

That sounds good Linda! OMG I can't believe you only have 4 days to go!! You must be so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlinda View Post
    Hey sweetie a few girls and I catch up on a Friday if you want to play
    Hi Linda,
    Just wondering if you had space in your group for little old me? I would love to join a mother's group!

Heaven (Sara), meet Charisse. Charisse, meet Sara. You guys were going to meet on Saturday at the expo anyway . It is a small small world. Remember how I said that I was meeting up with a few mummy friends at the expo?!?! That was Heaven LOL. And Tiggerlinda is also a great friend .

Chas lemme know if I can use your real name otherwise I will edit it out.

lol .. it is a small world! Using my real name is completely fine!

Looking forward to meeting you guys on Sat!

Why thankyou Candice!!
    Hello Charisse!! Will be good to meet you on Saturday!! The photo of Daniel in your ticker is so gorgeous!!
    Well I still have had no luck finding a mothers group since I started this thread. I asked the MCHN and she had no idea!! lol. Maybe we should have some regular meet ups????

SJ - I have found that in Queensland we run a little differently up here than the southern states. We basically have to find our own groups, I was never EVER told about any with either child. Wish I lived closer to you guys too!!
    Last edited by Arimeh; June 14th, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

Yeah, they're pretty slack around here!!

The child health clinic at Indooroopilly has on each tuesday I think. But it sounds like more of a BF support group, not my kinda thing.

Hey team should we make our own??? I am not a fan of any of the ones on my side of town?

I wouldn't mind joining in too if you do organise a group.

I'm in!! Where are you Linda?

I am near Chermisde but willing to travel or we could do a roster of houses what do you think?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast