Thread: Gold Coast Mums Groups

Lightbulb Gold Coast Mums Groups

I am thinking of starting up a little mums/dads/bubs group on the coast because I find the times of the regular playgroups aren't fitting into my schedule.

I'm hoping to maybe find a place some mums/dads/bubs can get together make some new friends (both the parents and the bubs!) because I find my daughter just doesnt get enough play time.

In the mean time, if you are interested or have some ideas, add my email or email me directly...

[email protected]

There are many parks around.... I'm just not sure on the details yet.

I'm so open to help!!

I think that sounds like a really good idea shazd, id be in it for sure

charli rocks my world Guest

Wink Meets in Gold Coast

Hi Sharon,

I completely agree about the bad timing for playgroups they are all around 9.30am which is my baby girls sleep time. Any other time suits me and we can alternate and have it at different parks, there are so many good parks up here on the gold coast.

Cheers
    Bettina
    p.s you can add me to your msn [email protected]

Smile

That's a really good idea!!

Okay, so anyone that is interested, suggest a park that is close by to you and we will alternate and try to find a solution that helps every body out. I agree too, about the 9.30am thing, thats when my girl sleeps as well and I won't wake her up just for play group.

I live at Helensvale/Pacific Pines, transport is no problem for me.

mummymeegs Guest

Hi girls,

I am interested too.. i am in the Burleigh area.. but can travel too..

Let me know when something is decided upon, i'll be interested aswell

Well girls we should do something!! There is a few of us meeting tommorrow morning (friday) in palm beach at the great kids park. If anyone is interested, we will be there at 10am

But we should make something regular? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Lea13; November 10th, 2006 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Double Post

So, I have racked my brains trying to think of some ideas, and with some help from my DH (who has a sudden burst of interest in baby's play time!), we've come with some...

Because the GC is so long, we thought perhaps we pick three locations, one at the north end, one in the middle and one at the south end, that way there's no travelling far every time, just once. What does everyone think of that?

Another thought was, we choose a central one, which has transport close by and some parking, say Southport or Robina, and we have that one.

Or we go one better, and use one of the GC's many play centres and meet there every so often.

Let me know what you think.

I'm pretty central on the GC, so any of those ideas is fine with me. The play centre is a good one to chuck in aswell, just for a change every now & then

Smile

Okay, DH and I just took Faith to Smileez at Parkwood, which she enjoyed after a half hour of sitting with mummy and daddy and crying!

Now, the whole play centre thing is good, because they offer the cafes and the equipment but it is $6.50 for 1-3 year olds. So, I thought we'd could make that a special thing we do, perhaps if its raining or too hot or something. Because I haven't been to any other play centre yet, I can only really say that Smileez offered some good play area and some pretty good food! Oh, and Faith made a friend with a boy born the day before her!

So, I was thinking Wednesday's would be a good day, middle of the week and all, but I don't mind what day. I'm a SAHM, so really any day works.

So, on Wednesday 25th October, I'll be at Smileez Parkwood, mainly to give Faith another go at the playing with other kids thing, and anyone else who is willing and wants to come along, I'll see you there. If plans change before then, I'll post a little note!

I will put some finer details up, everyone interested can get together and we'll work out some plans, some parks, and then let others now, so that we can organise a 'play group' to better suit ourselves.

Oh and on a funnier note, DH was sitting in the Toddlers area with bubs, on the ledge of the ball pit when Faith just gave him a nudge unexpectedly and fell backwards into the ball pit. Faith had a giggle, and I'm sure I saw a group of mums sitting outside the fence having a giggle..... it was funny.

Yeah I would be up for something like that. My older son Bailey goes to day care on a Wednesday, so Wednesday is great for me! haha. I am happy to drive anywhere on the coast. I am out in Bonogin, so its just a matter of getting on to the highway and going from there. Amy and I went to that great kids park in Palm Beach this morning and the kids seem to like that. I find that my boys get sick everytime I go to a playcentre, so I dont know what you other mums think? Being outdoors is fun so maybe a nice central park somewhere?

I think the park sounds like a great idea while it's not too hot . How old are everyones little ones though? My son is nearly 6 but he goes to pre school thurs, fri and every other weds so I could make alternate weds. My little girl is 3 and she just loves little ones and it will give her good practice for when her little sister cojmes at the end of Dec