Thread: help with story for parenting magazine

KCarberry Guest

Default help with story for parenting magazine

Permission to post from Kelly

Hi everyone,
    I am a journalist doing a story for a parenting magazine and looking for mums who would be happy to participate. The piece is on a new trend hailing from the US: happy-hour playdates. Basically, this is your playdate where you swap your coffee mug for a wine glass and say cheers while the kids play happily. The piece I am doing will be in a debate-type style, showing the opinions of those who think these playdates are a setting a bad example or they are the perfect way for mums to unwind. I'd love for mums who are interested to contact me and I can give them some more information. It is only a short piece so there may be emails I just don't have time to answer and apologise in advance for this. I will try to answer all though! If people want more info they can contact me at [email protected]
    Thanks so much

Sounds interesting. Who watches the kids though? I must admit my mother's group (children are now just 7) have been doing this kind of thing for years now! 2 of them even have champagne in the park every Friday while their girls are at Brownies. I am not a big drinker so have never felt the need to do this but plenty of my friends do.