Thread: Mothers group near Epping, Sydney?

Default Mothers group near Epping, Sydney?

I am asking this for a friend who had her first baby a month ago and the CHN told her that the next mothers group isn't starting till after the May school holidays!! That seems extraordinary to me, her DD will be coming up to 5 months old.

Does anyone know of any mothers groups etc in the Epping area that my friend could make contact with? She is feeling terribly isolated, having no family around and very few friends close by.

Thanks.

Hi there Summerluvin,
    Unfortunately, I hear community centre resources are at such a low that its not uncommon for MGs not to form until babes are a little older
    We didn't start ours until Natalie was 3 months, and there were three 5 mo babes in our group.
    Anyway, your friend would be very welcome at our playgroup, but it isn't really that close to Epping, sorry!
    We meet at Kellyville, but I live in North Rocks (not too far from Epping) and it takes me about 15 mins to get there... If she's really desperate for the company she might be willing to take the drive...? (Probably about 30 mins.)
    The babies are older - they're all 1, except for 1 boy who will be 1 next month. But a few mums are preggers again.
    PM me if you think she'd be interested. I do remember how hard those first few months were! If it weren't for BB I'd've been stuffed!

Thanks heaps Snacks. I will run it by her. It might be a bit of a drive for her, she isn't the most confident driver going around, but has gotten much better over the years so she might just be up for it.

I couldn't have gotten by without my mothers group, which started when DS was 6 weeks old. It was a god-send, and I have made 6 friends with the most wonderful women, it has been fantastic. And of course BB!! Have to run everything past the girls on BB these days

Will PM you if she is keen...and thanks for the offer. That in itself will probably help her out, to know she isn't the only one out there trying to figure it out without a mg to prop her up.

You're a great friend. And I reckon that's an enormous help to her as well.
    Yup, just let me know - I'm happy to drive there in convoy if she'd find that easier. Would offer to drive her but I've only got one baby seat
    Oh, I have been wondering whether to start a little group in Thornleigh at my church, so maybe run that by her as a possibility - it hasn't started yet, but if she's more interested in that then maybe I can get it off the ground. There'd probably only be me and one other person atm.

Just an update - I've got three mums and bubs wanting to start up at Thornleigh. My babe is the oldest at 14 months, then there's a 3mo and a 2mo. We're going to meet on a Monday for an hour or so for a coffee and a chat. PM me if she'd like to join us - she'd be more than welcome!

I've been to a couple of meetings with the Ryde/Epping ABA group... if thats of any help. Seems they mostly live around Epping, and some in North Ryde which isnt too far from Epping. They're a lovely bunch of ladies, but I think most of their babies are a little older than your friends bub. Let me know and I'll PM you more info.

Thanks so much girls.

I spoke to her not long ago and the CHN got it wrong! There is a group starting up in just a couple of days. I am so pleased, and so is she, obviously!!

Thank you so much though girls!!

That's great news! So glad she will have a group soon.

Default mothers group epping

Hello, I am asking on behalf of my sister if there is a mothers group that meets in epping nsw 2122, she has a 5 month old girl and would love the company of some other women.

thanks
    Eliza

Hi Eliza, Did your sister find any groups to join? I'm moving to Epping in the next week with a 1 year and would be good to meet up! Charlotte