Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mothers/Playgroup Melb ~ Outer South Eastern Suburbs

Thanks Gemma!

Alana and I can only saty for about an hour and a half. We have a lady from Scope coming out at 3pm in regards to Alana's development. We have been waiting for an app for a few weeks and she rang today to make the time.

I was thinking that on Tuesday the 26th September (I know its a little while a way), everyone could come to our place for lunch as its Alana's 2nd birthday. It would be great for Alana (and me of course) to have some friends over for a party!

Sounds great Lara, Amy and I would love to come over for Alana's birthday.

yep, sounds ace, will need a reminder closer to the day though, I have a memory like a sieve!!

Lunch is on the 11th isn't it, not tomorrow?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

No it's next Friday day, tomorrow week.

Jonah and I would love to come to Alana's birthday party, thank you for inviting us

I got the email, thanks Bec. Blake is so much better now. He's eating like a horse, and walking again, so we will definitely be there. Not sure how long we will stay as we have school pick up at 3.30pm in Bayswater but I'll work that out once I know how long it takes me to get there. I'll work out what to bring next week if that's ok. I'll see what everyone else is bringing and then fill a gap!

Lara, we'd love to come to Alana's party too, if that's ok?

Rach, it takes about 40 minutes from Bayswater. You can either go on the freeway from Stud Road or FTG on Glenfern Road then though Berwick & Beaconsfield. The freeway might be the best way if you aren't familiar with the back way.

Hopefully we can have another Playgroup before Alana's birthday and then Alana's B'day can be the next one as we do want to have them regularly.

Kate, I hope you can drive at 37 1/2 week pg.

I went to a pretty good play centre today, called time out for kids, is in FTG. Was quite small so easy to keep an eye on kids, really clean, not like the city ones, and really quiet during the day, might be an optioin for future meet up? Only $4.00 per child, no costs for adults

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oooooh $4 that's good.

Gemma, thanks for the advice re travel. I know the freeway and sort of know Glenfern Road. Will have a look at both in the Melways. I'll probably allow about an hour as with all the school zones down to 40km/h it really slows up the trip. Hopefully the weather will be good too.

I took Viv to that play centre years ago. It's quite small, but she had a good time. Could be good for us to meet, as long as there aren't many other kids there too!

Give it an hour Kate. I've got a relative in McCrae and wouldn't have much time to spare from an hours drive.
    Travel along Baxter-Tooradin Road and then the Sth Gippy Hwy to KooWeeRup, then to Pakky the back way.

Thanks Sam, sorry Kate I am not too familiar with coming from your area.

So the confirmed details are:
    Lunch 11am this Friday (11/8) at my house.

Gemma & Amy - Garden Salad
    Kate & Kelsey - Bread
    Vanita & Dion - Bok choy salad
    Min & Jackson - Chook
    Lara & Alana - Chook
    Bec & Jonah - Sweet
    Rachel & Blake
    Sam & Angus
    Divvy & Ned & Alex?

Please let me know if anyone still needs my address or you can't come. Look forward to seeing everyone on Friday.

Okay I will still be coming, but I will probably leave Alana at home. She has had a cough for two weeks and on her second course of anti's, so will get mum to watch her. Even though she may not be contagious, I think its best to not take the chance. I was hoping that she would be over it by Friday, but her Physiotherapist thought it best to keep her home from Gymbaroo etc this week.

Lara, I don't know how the others feel, but if it is just a cough and on it's tail end anyway I know I don't mind if you bring Alana, Jackson could pick up worse at the shops!

Gemma if I make it I'll bring a sweet too. Sorry I forgot to say what I'd be bringing.

The boys and I will be there.

Lara, I 'm fine if you want to bring her, as If she is on anti's after 24 hrs she is not cantagious, and Dion has a perpetual cough that is most likely asthma related, but sounds as if he's "sick" all the time
    Hey DH and Rianna are coming too, is that oK?????

Just thought I'd throw it up for everyone... Blake's had a cold for a few days and has a runny nose. He's on Dimetapp so most of the time it's under control. I'm thinking about not coming because I don't think it's fair for him to spread his germs, particularly as no doubt he'll put Amy's toys in his mouth like all little ones do.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast