Thread: Moving to Sunshine Coast

Red face Moving to Sunshine Coast

My hubby and I have decided to pack the kids up and move to the Sunshine coast early next year. I am a bit worried about having no friends or family up there and was wondering there are any other young mums up that way?? I am 27 with two little boys.

Where abouts are you moving to? I'm on the southern end of the sunshine coast.

Im not really sure yet. We are researching a few areas. My husband and I like Coolum...can you suggest anywhere?

dutchiekiwi Guest

Default sunshine coast

Hi, We will be moving to the sunshine coast as well, in October. We live in Christchurch at the moment. I have fifteen month old twins, a boy and a girl.

sophie21 Guest

Default Young mum new to sunshine coast

Hi,

I am actually writing for my sister. She is 23 and her & her husband moved to the sunshine coast (buderim) a month ago from bundaberg, with their 10 month old son & now my sister is bout 7 weeks pregnant.

My sister is really shy and finds it hard to meet new people - she was just starting to get to know people in play groups & nursing mothers assocation before they moved. She particularly feels a connection with mothers around her age.

Does anybody want to meet new people or know of good groups/activities on the coast that would help get her out of the house & meet new people?

Much appreciated,
    Sophie

p.s. you can email me on [email protected]

I'm always in for meeting new people!!! I'm a bit older than your sister though. I live 15 mins away from Buderim.

Feel free to email me. Email address should be in my profile

Default haii

Quote Originally Posted by MummaBear79 View Post
    My hubby and I have decided to pack the kids up and move to the Sunshine coast early next year. I am a bit worried about having no friends or family up there and was wondering there are any other young mums up that way?? I am 27 with two little boys.

haii i am tiffany i am 17 an i moved upp the sunshine coast last yrby my self an my partner an we have 8 month old twin girls an trust me yu will find friends its a lovely place here

Quote Originally Posted by dutchiekiwi View Post
    Hi, We will be moving to the sunshine coast as well, in October. We live in Christchurch at the moment. I have fifteen month old twins, a boy and a girl.
    Awesome twins, so where did you end up moving too...I'm on the Sunshine Coast, Buderim. I'm doing a project on twins at the moment so if you are interesting in participating let me know [email protected]

Smile Lonely!!

Hi Everybody, My names Kylie,I'm 28,and a stay at home mum looking for a meet up group with other mums and their kids. I have 2 boys Connor 4 and Tyler 2 and am really desperate for some adult conversations. I don't know many people here ( I'm in Nambour ) and would love to meet other mums and make some friends for myself and my boys. It might just save my last bit of sanity 2. If any1 is interested in meeting up and having coffee at the park or something, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Default Mum of 3 Moving to Sunshine Coast!

Hello all,

I'm a 29 mum of twin boys (2 years this September) and a 6 months old baby girl. Hubby and I will be moving to Caloundra from Melbourne in three months and would love to meet with other parents in the area. Let me know if you would like to meet up sometime.

Hi Everyone,

Im the mum of Amelia 15months old, i live in Buderim and have moved up the coast from Brisbane in the last 6 months. Have been finding it hard to meet other mums. Would love to meet up with some of you if you have the time.
    Irri

Arrow Starting New Mothers Group Buderim

Hi All,
    I havent been able to find a suitable mothers group set up on the sunshine coast. So I have decided to start my own. I am a mother of 15 month old daughter Amelia, and im 27. I'm looking for other mothers with children of approximately the same age for fortnightly meet ups at my house. We have a large verandah where we can have coffee, or a decent size backyard where the kids can play on the swingset while we supervise. First meet up will be on Wednesday 8th of September at 3:30pm and be fortnightly from then. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in coming along and i will send you all my address and details. Friends are welcome!! The more the merrier. Hope to hear from you soon!!