Thread: Musical Playgroup

Default Musical Playgroup

Hi girls, I'm thinking of enrolling DS in the musical playgroup in my area.
    What are your experiences with musical playgroups?
    DS is 11 months old & loves songs, but the classes are $13 each so am not sure if it's worth it.

Default Musical Playgroup

Wow, $13 each?? We go to a musical Playgroup and it is only $4 a session. It's called Mainly Music, if you google it there might be one running near you.

It is a Christian program but it is open to anyone, you don't have to be a Christian and they don't push the God side of things - at mine anyway!

My DD and I started attending when she was about 6mths and that was really too little, closer to 12mths would have been better so I think you're at the perfect age!

Thanks for the tip - there is actually a Mainly Music group in my area! However they have had to put me on a waiting list, must be very popular!

Music is the highlight of our babies week! OK mainly our DD but I am sure DS will love it as he grows.
    DD learnt to sing a full song before she could talk. She sings for most of the day, especially in the car, and the songs are mostly those she learnt at music.
    It is where she learnt to pack away (thanks to packing away song), it also teaches things like "Lucy's asleep now don't wake her up, Lucy's asleep now don't wake her up, Lucy's asleep now don't wake her up, we should play very quiet (sung in a whisper), then Lucy's awake now we can go play..." A great lesson with a new baby in the house. And they learn because its fun!

We tried a small structured class but moved to a bigger, more free range class which works better for us. But both were great. It also teaches mum and dad songs to sing at home, A little like watching playschool teaches us so much about simple craft ideas

Go for it I reckon