thread: New to Canberra ACT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    May 2005
    Canberra
    3,617

    Yep, I will be there until after lunch sometime, probably until at least 2.00pm.

    I don't think i will be there until 10.30 or 11.00 - we are still getting the hang of getting all three kids ready and out of the house.

    Also, hope everyone doesn't mind but I will be dragging DH along with me - althought I daresay, he will probably find some excuse to get away.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    May 2005
    Canberra
    3,617

    Oh, someone asked how they will find us - the best way is to go up to groups of womeen you see sitting around chatting and just ask if they are from bellybelly. I will have a red P&T's and a little baby in a blue sling, if you keep an eye out for that. Plus my DH will be there, and there aren't usually that many men around.

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Member

    Nov 2007
    1,338

    Will be there but will be there about 12.30pm. Have got mother;s group in the morning.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Feb 2007
    ACT
    681

    since everyone is turning up around 11ish, I might to that way bub can have a sleep before hand.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Feb 2007
    ACT
    681

    I am going to be there hopefully around 11 bub just gone down but fighting her sleep, been up since 545 this morn. If she isn't asleep by 10 then I will get her up and head there then.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    In a land of bubbles and trouble
    1,479

    yeah well my morning is stuffed too LOL

    Tried to put Z down at 9.15 - and he is now in the highchair sucking on toast

    Sweetpea - he was up from 3 - 5 coughing this morning - so i am tired!!! AND I thought he would be too - he slept 5 - 7 - but still. So, after he has had some toast - I reckon we will be there before 11 or just wandering around BD trying to get him to sleep in the pram - the little bugger.

    He has a cough guys so i wasnt gunna come - but he doesnt seem sick - and still not fully crawling so wont infect your kids I thought, we could either sit around here - or sit around at BD !!

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Feb 2007
    ACT
    681

    Well I had good day. R feel asleep in the car within minutes, and is still asleep now in bed. Hopefully she will have a good sleep and wake around 5ish so she goes to bed at a decsent time.

  8. #8
    cheron Guest

    Visiting Canberra with 4 month old son from UK

    Hi there,
    I'm coming out to Canberra with my 4 month old son, Lucas, from the UK in September as my husband is coming to work at the University for three weeks. We will be staying on the University campus and using public transport.
    I'm a bit nervous about missing my support network of friends back at home and feeling lonely and bored when hubby is at work during the day whilst we are staying in Canberra. Are there any Mother's groups/ play groups or other baby related activities that we could do whilst we are there?
    Here's hoping....