Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Townsville Mums #2

Hi girls!

I am def up for a meet this week if I am not moving or busy with Real Estate stuff. I will keep you posted.

Emma - I braved it and went down to the strand this arvo and we almost got blown away!!! It was nice in the sun but just to windy! Don't you hate it when you forget the damn nappy bag!

Shauna - Yep managed to go for xray on Saturday morning. But as I said thismorning, its playing up again. I could barely move thismorning. After I took some of those anti-inflammatory tabs it settled down.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaT View Post
    Cayce, I have a friend up here that is wanting a VBA2C as well, Im giving her a hand with finding Drs, support etc when its time so I'll pass on info to you when I come across it!
    Hey Anna. If you are on the lookout for OB's, PLEASE CHECK C-SECT RATES!!!!! Esp in Townsville!

BTW - I watched your Birth Montage lastnight. It was beautiful. You had some awesome pics! Very nice indeed.

Well as I said to Shauna, my back is playing up again. I have to make another app with the chiro tomorrow. Hopefully i can get in this week! I really need to know whats going on.

Nicola Guest

Hi

Im going to try and make it on thursday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Hey Anna. If you are on the lookout for OB's, PLEASE CHECK C-SECT RATES!!!!! Esp in Townsville!
    BTW - I watched your Birth Montage lastnight. It was beautiful. You had some awesome pics! Very nice indeed.
    Thanks for the tip. As far as I know the OB I see is all for natural birthing if it can be achieved so I might ask her what her stance is on VBAC and VBA2C. Ah my montage lol My friend took the pics while she was watching, I want to video this time but Im not sure Im game enough.

Oh while I remember, has anyone in here had a baby at the Mater Private (old or new)? Its where I am booked in to give birth and just wondering what its like. Looks alright.

I *should* be at the meetup thursday. We just bought a new car so hopefully it will be on the road by next week. I have to get it rego'd and put over the pits etc so not sure when I'll be doing that. Anyone know a decently priced mechanic I can get to put it over the pits?

Good Morning ladies. Gosh i just had 2 pages to read LoL . How are we all this morning? I am good here, Xavs at kindy today Indy in bed actaully i think i can here her crying so a quick one and then i better go get her out! I had a really great weekend did lots of shopping bought lots of clothes yay and didnt get depressed trying on clothes like i normally do ! Wish i could make it on Thursday i so wanna meet all you lovely ladies but is too far away for me LoL!!

Seems c/s is a big topic atm, with both my children i was petrafied that something may go wrong and would have to have one! With DS he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice and i was getting very tired and bub was stressing so the doc was stressing and thinking it may have led to that but thankfuly i managed to get bub out it time it scares the crap out of me LoL! But it done everyday now! I just dont understand women who dont have any problems wat so ever, first baby and choose a c/s?

Well i better go indy getting louder sorry bout the no persoanls

Yep we will be there on Thurs. I love getting out of the house, everyday if I can. Declan needs a sleep so hopefully he can go down before we get there, if not put down a blanket and sleep there. At least the weather has been nice, albeit a little windy the last few days. Our skin is so dry at the moment. Not looking forward to summer though.
    I ended up with a c/s, Declan was breech throughout my whole pregnancy so I was completely fine with having a c/s and even went to the antenatal classes, but didn't listen much about natural birth. He ended up turning into position at 38 weeks, so we cancelled the c/s and tried natural, but just didn't happen. I don't have any of the regret that some mums talk about, but i will try for a VBAC next time.
    Anyway, i found a recipe for chicken pies, so i thought i would make that for tea since hubby is home to look after Declan. Who by the way has started sitting by himself!!!! Very exciting times.
    See you guys on thursday

Good Morning Ladies how are we all feeling this morning? All is resonable well here, DS is watching over the hedge, DD is asleep she threw up again this morning ! And i have a sore tummy, hope im not getting this bug so close to my bday i wont be happy LoL!
    So wish i was coming tomorrow (think i said that, a million times already LoL) but oh well.....Hows bubs/ kids/ bumps today>???

Hi girls,

Just popping in quickly to let you know that we won't be coming on Thursday. I have just been discharged from hospital with pneumonia. So I am not feeling to crash hot at the moment.

Have a great time and I will def try and make the next meet.

Take Care!

Jeepers sara.. are you okay? you really have a bad run. Have you got help with the kids?
    we're all good here, chilling out and getting some last minute tidying done before ben leaves for work tomorrow, i begged him to stay home this week but he cant but he's going to take next block of so he'll be home for 3wks and its also my bday so probably work out better that way!
    hope everyone is well.
    Get well soon Sara
    xx

Sarah thats no good at all, Hope your feeling better soon...

Hello ladies....
    Im not sure if ill be there tomorrow now, callum my 5yr old is peeing puss, and brodie is sick again and is having coughing fits til he is dry reaching... its never bloody ending!! always one has a illness! plus im coughing til i dry reach aswell.. so we'll see. hope everyone is well and stuff and things!!
    take care
    em
    x

Hi girls!

Am feeling 90% better today! Even think I might be able to make tomorrow's meet afterall! All depening on the weather. If its cold and yuck like today, I really should stay indoors. I don't want to risk getting real sick again.

Emma - Oh its a vicious cycle is'nt it! My girls seem to fighting the bugs off quite well lately (touch wood). As for me, I just can't get rid of them!!! I am on double dose of antibiotics at the moment so hopefully that will flush all the badies out.

Anna - I filmed Colby's birth. Don't regret it one bit and have watched it about 50 times!!! I love watching it. Its like reliving the day.

A lady that I met through another mothers group ages ago had her baby yesterday. He was 10pound 9ounces!!! She had him via c-sect and was'nt due until the 31' st of Aug! Gosh! Imagine how big he would've been had she went over!!!
    Last edited by Ilithyia; August 27th, 2008 at 01:16 PM.

Hey Sara, it techniquely wasnt e c/s she has a narrow pelvis so cant deliver naturally poor thing, but no more kiddies for them but anyhoo hope all is well with everyone and their kidlets. See some of you tomorrow

Hi Ladies, How are all doing?
    Im feeling a lil down its our 2 yr anniversary today (doesnt sound like much) but thought wed be alot more happier at this time in our lives!!
    Sarah~ Thats great, that your starting to feel better! And congrats to your friend!
    Em~ Hope you and the kids shake that cough soon!!
    Miss Indy has not thrown up in over two days (touch wood) and her poo's are finally firming up !! Mr Xav has just decided he wants to go to bed at 3:18pm grrr hope he doesnt sleep long !
    Im so excitted my cousin (she lives in the Isa) has just sent me a picture off her preciouse little one, she is 13 weeks pregnant and i cant remember what my babes look at that many weeks but her bub looks so real already awww was so cute , cant wait to meet this buba only 7 Months to go

Sara, I may not get my homebirth but I might get close too!
    Ive decided to go with the birth centre if theyll have me. I rang and spoke to them about my previous preg issues and the midwife is pretty sure I'll be cleared to stick with them. Good thing too because our savings are gone and money is tight what with us having to buy a 2nd car, so itll save me $70-$100 in appt fee's every month and $1600 in management fee's for a labour my OB's never even make. I feel great thinking about it so I guess its the right decision for me. Now to tell my OB at my appointment next week if the accept me, hope she doesnt feel insulted. Im so excited I could cartwheel around the house!! I'll be the 30th woman to birth there.

Anna a quick question were is the birth center?? Is it in tvll?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaT View Post
    Sara, I may not get my homebirth but I might get close too!
    Ive decided to go with the birth centre if theyll have me. I rang and spoke to them about my previous preg issues and the midwife is pretty sure I'll be cleared to stick with them. Good thing too because our savings are gone and money is tight what with us having to buy a 2nd car, so itll save me $70-$100 in appt fee's every month and $1600 in management fee's for a labour my OB's never even make. I feel great thinking about it so I guess its the right decision for me. Now to tell my OB at my appointment next week if the accept me, hope she doesnt feel insulted. Im so excited I could cartwheel around the house!! I'll be the 30th woman to birth there.
    You go girl!!!!

I would've liked to have been able to birth at the birth centre but I just can't see myself in a hospital setting birthing anymore of my babies.

I'm glad your happy about it hun!

Tanya - the birth centre is at the Townsville Hospital. Not actually IN the hospital but a building outside it. I havent been there but if they accept me I will be taking a looksie. Its taking on women due on or after December 12th this year.

I know exactly what you mean Sara. If I could have a homebirth right now I would. Who knows if I ever have any more (DH just keeled over Im sure lol) I will aim for a homebirth again.

I wont be able to make tomorrow's meetup, my new car isnt ready to be picked up yet and DH is taking the Falcon in for a service tomorrow while he's at work but I promise to make the next one! Im going to clean up this pig sty tomorrow I think lol
    Last edited by Freya; August 27th, 2008 at 06:31 PM.

Nicola Guest

Hi

We wont be coming tomorrow ,the boys arnt 100% and Im not feeling to flash either so we will give it a miss this week. Maybe another time soon

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast