Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Townsville Mums #2

hi ladies,
    was planning on meeting you tomorrow but ollie has had a bad few days he suffers from reflux and has been out of sorts as he had his needles on monday.anyway hope to meet up with you all another time

Hiya Ladies...
    Hows everyone? we're semi okay, callum my 5yr old is peeing puss ( went to the dr and theres afew issues but its okay!) and twins are a little weird, rori is coming down with something, brodie just getting over something and last night i went into this freezing cold body shake that hurt my back... so we're laying low. This sucks so bad. Its not even that cold and everyones fighting illness. Bring on summer and quickly.. then we'll have to do inside meets or early meets to avoid the hot stickyness!
    bens got through to a site visit for the nt job, so its looking promising now, we fly out on the 8th for 2 nights to check out the town, mine and amenities and the best bit is it will be child free! i havent been child free in around 10months! (except for the child care days but they dont count coz i have to pick them up!!) I still hope he gets the job, id love to live together and have some normality back again but it would be really sad because I am meeting some awesome friends on here. Plus the twins are 1 in about 8wks and I am kinda hoping we are here to celebrate it...
    ANyhow i best get to it, brodie is screaming dada at my feet.. wrong person but i get the idea... he's hungry!!
    bye ladies

Hi girls!

Unfortunetely, the girls and I are not going to make it today. I am not feeling that great today.

Not sure what the weather is like down there but up here its cloudy and looks like its about to rain.

Really sorry girls.

Take Care and have a great day!

Morning Ladies, sounds like every1 is getting sick again awwww !
    I agree bring on summer!! Tho then ill be winging its too hot lol thank god for a/c and pools hehe...
    Well i am going to drag my dad shopping today, he hates shopping lol, then ill prob shout him to a nice greasy good lol hungry jacks is sounding good, oh the grease LoL!!
    Then tonight were off to cactus jacks for tea yipee, love that place so much and they sctaully sell for DS eats...bring on the chocalete nachos yum!
    Cant beleive im officialy an adult haha...
    Anna~ Thats the birthing center they hve just started building? I honestly have never had a problem with the general hospital, widwifes are lovely! Only problem was i got induced (due to medical probs) and they have to post pone it by one night cuz they had no beds..
    any way ladies have a great day bye bye

Lea79 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaT View Post

Oh while I remember, has anyone in here had a baby at the Mater Private (old or new)? Its where I am booked in to give birth and just wondering what its like. Looks alright.
    Hi everyone,

I am an RN/student midwife. I usually work at TTH but have been at the Mater for the last month as part of my final rotations ( only a few months before I'm a real MW! lol) Anna I noticed you were asking what its like there. It looks really nice with the family rooms and everything but it is very Dr orientated and the C-section rate is ridiculously high so I would recommend that if you are birthing vaginally to be firm with the MW and OB in what your desires and needs are. If you want a natural birth, give your body every opportunity to give it a go. I just noticed that women can be swayed into thinking its the only choice they have and while you're in pain and your emotions are going crazy its easy to go that way. If you have a strong support person with you that helps. It all depends on the OB too, some of them give you extra time but others have the view that ' the most natural birth is via c-section' as quoted by one of them a few weeks ago. (no comment there!)

The birthing suites are nice enough, they dont have any bath tubs but everything else is pretty much the same as TTH.

I hope that info is enough, if you want to know more just ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea79 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am an RN/student midwife. I usually work at TTH but have been at the Mater for the last month as part of my final rotations ( only a few months before I'm a real MW! lol) Anna I noticed you were asking what its like there. It looks really nice with the family rooms and everything but it is very Dr orientated and the C-section rate is ridiculously high so I would recommend that if you are birthing vaginally to be firm with the MW and OB in what your desires and needs are. If you want a natural birth, give your body every opportunity to give it a go. I just noticed that women can be swayed into thinking its the only choice they have and while you're in pain and your emotions are going crazy its easy to go that way. If you have a strong support person with you that helps. It all depends on the OB too, some of them give you extra time but others have the view that ' the most natural birth is via c-section' as quoted by one of them a few weeks ago. (no comment there!)

The birthing suites are nice enough, they dont have any bath tubs but everything else is pretty much the same as TTH.

I hope that info is enough, if you want to know more just ask me.

Its great to finally see some "inside" info coming to the outside world!

Thanks for that Leanne!

BTW - Are you doing a post grad course through JCU?

Lea79 Guest

Yes I am doing the postgrad through JCU Sara. I really like working at the TTH, I cant wait to go back but I guess its just personal choice. I know a few student MW's from the Mater who just hated it there and couldn't wait to get back to the mater so I spose its what you are used to. I have always worked in the public sector and thats where I feel comfortable with. You definitely see all walks of life, particularly doing midwifery. If I was to choose where to birth my baby tho, it would definitely be at the birthing centre, they have awesome MW's there and I would trust them with my life.

BTW Anna I noticed you are trying to be accepted there, I really hope you do!

Sara how long until you finish your Doula training? I might see you around the place once you finish.

Cheers,

Leanne

Hi Ladies. I am still hanging around.

Sorry I didn't get to the park today but it is Cooper's 2nd birthday today (OMG, my little boy is growing up so fast!!).

Adam is doing really well. Only waking up twice a night for a feed and bum change. He is such a good boy!!

Happy birthday Tanya!!

Hi Lea. Don't think I have spoken to you before!

Hope everyone recovers soon. Did anyone organise the location and time of the next meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lea79 View Post
    Sara how long until you finish your Doula training? I might see you around the place once you finish.
    I am just over half way through my studies. So not long to go. I need 1 more certifying birth and a bit more theory to complete.

Yeh you will no doubt see me around the place sooner or later. I've actually attended 5 birth at TTH so far. 2 were client's, 1 i was the second doula and the others I was "observing".

Maybe in the long-term future you will see me there as a Student Midwife aswell. But not as a RM. I plan to go indepdent once I get my BMID. What are your plans?

Courtney - Good to hear from you hun! Glad that everything is going well....

HAPPY 2'ND BIRTHDAY COOPER!!!

Happy 2nd birthday to Cooper My little man is 2 in less than a month. First years go by fast dont they!

Lea, thanks for the advice. Ive actually decided to use the new birth centre if theyll have me.

Sara, Kelly found an independent midwife up here that does homebirths!!! So Im waiting to hear back from her regarding costs before I make my final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaT View Post
    Sara, Kelly found an independent midwife up here that does homebirths!!! So Im waiting to hear back from her regarding costs before I make my final decision.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found her to but I was waiting to hear back from her before I passed her details on to you!

Gosh I wish I was pregnant!!!

Careful what you wish for Sara!!

Sorry I couldn't come yesterday ladies, my kids are in school Thurs anyways and I had a great morning getting some paintings ready for a client - and on the phone to CENTERLINK for half the beeping day! Hopefully will make it to the next one.

Happy Birthday Cooper!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissWingBat View Post
    Careful what you wish for Sara!!

I can wish as much as I want but the Mirena I have in ain't going to let it happen!!!

(unless I'm in that .1% that falls pregnant with a Mirena in!)

Hi Ladies how are we all today? All is well here had Indy back at the doctors yesterday she broke out in a rash my poor baby girl , but she is fine !
    Went to Cactus for tea last night was so yummy hrmmmm...
    Well thats it from me oh and
    happy birthday Cooper

sorry i was a lil late LoL...

Lea79 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post

Maybe in the long-term future you will see me there as a Student Midwife aswell. But not as a RM. I plan to go indepdent once I get my BMID. What are your plans?
    COOPER!!![/SIZE][/CENTER]
    It would be my dream to become an independent midwife but unfortunately nobody wants to provide indemnity insurance to midwives. You never know what they let happen in the future!

Nicola Guest

Hi

Courtney..Glad to hear Adam is doing well...Cooper is exactly 3 months older than Zander 28.11.06..we are having daily tantrums at the moment and its really testing me!!! Wyatt is doing better.

The last couple of days have been warm which is good..not looking forward to getting my white hairy legs back into shorts just yet though.

Bye for now

Hear hear for the daily tantrums... Cari (31.6.05) is also crackin' a nana at the smallest things (like the word NO). We are trying to enforce consequences already, but the problem is she sends herself! to the naughty mat...
    And also ditto on the white, hairy legs...
    My DH has gone fishin' all day so it's another day of chaos at our house...

Nicola Guest

Miss Wingbat..My husband works 6 days a week and then on sundays likes to go fishing...but he doesnt get to go all that much as I say that "we"need him at home on his day off...so if he does go fishing we have compromised with him leaving at 530am and getting home before lunchtime...although I would like a sleep in at least once a week..ha ha

He has taken the boys out this morning to check out some fishing spots...Im meant to b doing some tidying while they are out...do you think I can be bothered???

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast