Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Townsville Mums #2

Default I have conquered the unpacking!!

I have done it in one day!! All thats left is to put away the clothes so I feel I have done well, especially with a 13 mth old running me off my feet!!

Tsv_grl, I live just out of Crestbrook in santalucia dve. One of my friends lives in Crestbrook and we will be walking together so you are most welcolme to join us, she has a little boy too who is 5 and a half months. If you give me your email I'll send you my mobile number.

Where do the rest of you ladies meet for playgroup?? Is Lollipops anygood?? Now that I have finished unpacking I will need something to do!!

GOOD FOR YOU RUBY! I am so impressed! It took us days, even weeks to finally get organised. Nothing better than a big move to get rid of all your clutter and really decide if it's worth the hassle to move it. I see moving house as putting everything into a sieve. Now I want to move!!

I really enjoyed my day off yesterday, and I got SOOO much done! I am still ok for Fridays for a meet up...

Leanne - Thanks for letting us know. I might take the kids and check it out. We are not far from Annandale. I don't actually need anything but you never know!

Ruby - Do you want to come to my house? We moved in just before Christmas last year and there are still a couple of boxes to unpack. I have decided that if I don't need to unpack them this year then the Salvos are going to get a Christmas present from me this year!! Truthfully, it is my DH's stuff from before we lived together that I hate so if he hasn't noticed that they are not around, then yeah for me!

Anyone interested in meeting up this week? Either Thursday or Friday is fine with me.

Thanks MissWingBat!

Yeah thats the only good thing about moving! Do you guys have a mums group on Fridays? Because my lil man, nicholas and I are looking for a group to join so that we can make friends! We've only just moved here from Mt Isa and the only other Mum I know works full-time : (

Also, any mums keen to go to the gym together?? Im about to join Domain Fitness and could do with the motivation, Im getting married on the 13th of December and have to lose at least 7 - 10 kilos to get into my dress so i really need to get going!!

Wow, Im impressed! We've been in this place since end of jan and we still have about 7 boxes in the garage.... i go through them every few weeks, ts mostly kids teddies and stuff but its amazing how much you can accumulate!!
    Miss W - glad you had a awesome little ppl free day, i had a good one, slept most of it.. and like usual the day went to fast!
    my babies are 1 end of next month, im so excited! Im just waiting for them to hold their own bottles.. that would be just awesome!
    anyhow i best be off, im contemplating going to multiple mums group this am.. just not sure if i have the energy... see how it goes..
    take care ladies..

Nicola Guest

My toddler-free day hasnt gone as planned...I took Zander into daycare as usual on a Tuesday morning and as soon as he realised I was leaving he clung to my legs crying..so with the help of the staff we got him into the sandpit and distracted him......as I was walking out I heard screaming and crying so I went and got him we are now at home for the day....if he is going to start doing this every time Im probably going to have to pull him out of daycare till he is older....it is not worth the emotional stress for both of us.

I think maybe a playgroup might be a better option..but it doesnt solve getting any me time!!!!!!!!!

Thats a shame about your little people free day, mj ( now 8) had severe seperation anxiety ( even if i left a room or put her in her cot ), ive never in my life seen anyone else's kids as worse as what she was, i learnt over time and with the help of the health nurse in roxby to ignore it and techniques at home to resolve it . If you need the me time its something you should get on top of now, from my experience giving in makes it worse because they'll know they can get away with it.
    my out and about day has turned to crap, im still in my pjs and i think it will stay that way today.. this week has been a nightmare one sleep and ben is home and ill get my sanity back!

Nicola Guest

Zander has never had seperation anxiety before...and he has been going to daycare for a couple of months.....he did have a bad night and may not be feeling well. I guess I like having me time but I also dont want Zander to be upset just for the sake of one day at daycare. Maybe something has happened to him while he was there that I dont know about..Im not sure...we will try again next week and see how it goes and then he is in Brisbane for 2 weeks.

Oh yeah, the screaming bubba at the gate when u leave them. I started bribing mine with a choccy bikky so I could RUN!!!! You could almost hear the car squeeeeeealing out of the carpark and a YIPEEEEEEEE as I cruise down the road.. (bad mother! hehe!)

Nicola - maybe it was just a bad night? Hopefully if he had a bad night you will be able to put him down for a ZZZZ and you can get some ME time...

Ruby - See below about Friday. Gym - would love to but $$$$ wise... I walk the length of Bamford Lane most nights, after the kids go to bed. I really have to kick start my fitness as I want a bikini bod again this summer... I bought a DVD the other day called "Relaxacise" - I wonder if it's just stretching and yawning?

CourtRach - the inevitable box of "Boy Sh"T" - DH has one too. I just hid it at the top of the cupboard for years. We finally went through it together and he still has his love letters from his ex's RAAAAAAAAA not HAPPY!!

Anyone seen Mummy19 in here lately?? She's hasn't popped her head in for a bit...???

Emma - LOL about boxes (we've been here 3 1/2 years and I still find stuff...) and also about sleeping all day - I wish! My DH thinks daycare days are for cleaning... I have a very, very different opinion...

So I'm up for this Friday - how about a gated park because my DH and I are going on a DATE saturday night (YIPEE!!! Grown-up time!) so I need to save my $$$. Plus I just worked out this morning with my mum that we are going to Port Douglas for the school holidays again YAY! So definitely need to do a picnic-park-playdate please!

Jessica M Guest

Post New to townsville..

Hi girlz,
    My name is jess im new to townsville and need some advice and new friends lol iv just moved to townsville for partners work reasons.. i have an almost 2yr old an a almost 1yr old we are planing #3 but i need to find a good OB to support my VBA2C so if any1 knows of a good OB please let me know
    ta...

LMAO Miss W you really make me laugh! im the same, i go in drop em of quick chat to the ladies and im outta there!
    Nicola- Hoping for you its feeling unwell and a bad night, hopefully been a good day for you.

Welcome jessica m! im not familar with obs here but lots of ladies on here are so theyll help you out
    I might still come friday depending on what my plans are with hubby, bring on 5 tomorrow night when his flight gets in coz as soon as he gets in the car, ive clocked off and dan murphys is my next stop!!!!!
    I go to the beach house gym usually around 3 times a week, its awesome there and the creche is great, the girls there are really friendly. I dont think ill be wearin a bikini but ill be looking alot better than last year ( post twin belly haha)
    well, my darling twins have just woken after a horrific start to the day so i best be of to chill on the lounge floor while trying to watch ghost rider!!!!
    xx

Morning/Afternoon, i went online to search for the baby and kids markets and it doesnt say they are coming to townsville everywhere but....was it in the paper?

I am up for a park meet anything to keep master Lachlan happy...apparently there is a gated one in west end that is huge and lovely...i havent been myself though...

I just started to use the RAAF gym yesterday so this is day 2...maybe by the end of next week i will be running on the treadie hehe!! I just want my body back so we can then think about number 3, after i have enjoyed summer and start to feel good about myself and go SHOPPING!!!!

Anyway hope your all ok and will hopefully see you friday

Jessica M Guest

Post Me again...

Hey girlz so can u tell me when u have your meet ups and where in townsville do u go i need FRIENDZ lol

Lea79 Guest

Shauna - I noticed its not on the website too but my friend who is selling stuff there showed me the info pamphlet and date so perhaps they just haven't updated the website?

I really like taking my nephew to the enclosed park next to the waterpark on the strand but you probably know about that one, and I think its quite popular. Just a suggestion

Hey Ladies sorry have been away for a lil while been stayig at mums and havent been on the net as much just finnished reading all the posts and nw indy is awake so i have to go will pop ack in soon and chat more just thought id let use all no im still here hehe...
    xoxox

Hi Ladies... Im Back LoL
    How are we all going? All is good here my baby girl has cut two teeth yay! How was everyones weekend? Mine was ok i went out on Monday and bought 3 pairs off shoes lol so thats been 5 in the last fortnight ha ha!
    Hi Jess and welcome im Tanya 20 with DS 2 and DD 5 months...
    So were are use all meeting this week?

I have been to that park in Westend, is that the one right next to the cricket field??
    How does that sound?

Quote Originally Posted by MissWingBat View Post
    I have been to that park in Westend, is that the one right next to the cricket field??
    How does that sound?

so use ladies are doing a park? and not lollipops?

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast