Thread: Townsville Playgroups ???

Fruitwood Guest

Default Townsville Playgroups ???

I am looking for a playgroup for my 13 mth old daughter to attend. I've checked out quite a few around Townsville and received lots of phone numbers but haven't found anything really suitable to my daughters needs. Alot of the ones I've looked at centre around the childrens play centres like Maze Mania or Freckles. My daughter gets upset at these as all the other kids are off and running around on the equipment and she isn't able to do this yet. My daughter can crawl but isn't walking yet. I am looking for something where she will be able to spend time with other kids around her own skill level. I can't seem to find anything in the middle, it's either more active kids or newborns which she can't interact with. Any recommendations would be great.

Fruitwood - jsut wrote you a big reply and lost it.

I've heard good things about Riverside Gardens one - in there community hall (on Wednesdays) and a church group based on out at Kirwan (that's open to anyone). I also have read of one at Annandale Central but don't know anything about it.

If you find a good one let me know. I have trouble finding playgroups that aren't cliquey (haven't tried any in Townsville yet though).