Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Mothers group!!

hey gals, I started rining some playgroups on Monday (havent last two days because DH's days off) and so far they are all full. Will try a few more tomorrow and see how my luck goes then, don't worry I havent forgotten about you Jessica & Lara, Would love for us to join a playgroup together, just finding one first.

Nikbrad, thank you so much for the offer, sounds great, would love to join if I can't find something in my area. Will let you know mate.

If playgroup doesn't work out, nothing saying we can't meet up for regular coffee and chats.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

There are also playcentres too that don't cost that much to get in to.

Moving to Playgroup / Mothers Group Chat Forum.

I just found this thread, I would love to join in too if thats alright?? I never went to a playgroup with Nicholas (well I did go to one at the health centre but no one turned up, but thats another story...) It would be great to catch up.

Kazz definitely join in. We don't have details as yet. Maybe we could all meet up for coffee first of and then we could discuss details then? What does eveyone else think?

You don't have to clean up play centres either though it can get costly for those with bigger kids (it's just me with the bigger kids though isn't it!) There is one at Fountain Gate near The Warehouse. I've only just discovered it so I don't know what it's like. One to sus out too in the near future.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Lollipops, I haven't been there but I went to one up in Sydney and it was good. And yeah we won't have to clean up after, I like that idea. Kazz has Nicholas Sammi so you're not the only one with older kiddies.

These are the prices:

Babies up to 12months FREE
    Junior entry 13months to 24months $7.00
    Super entry 2yrs to 11yrs $9.00
    Adults $2.50 includes FREE drink voucher

Specials ; BABY FREE Mondays 0-24months FREE entry (save $7.00)
    WEDNESDAY discount entry Super same price as Junior $7.00(save$2.00)

Lollipops would be alright. Just concerned about the cost, especially those with older kids or more than one. Who thought this would be so hard!LOL!

Well, I rang Narre Community Centre and they have a spot free on Mondays between 9:30-11am. It cost $3.00 per session and a one of annual fee of $12.00. There are other mothers there aswell. She said there could be anywhere between 10-20 mums. So don't know if that is what others were after. Also if you are unable to make it it doesn't matter as you only have to pay weekly, instead of upfront like some playgroups.

Yep lollypops would be pricy for me!
    Cranbourne maccas has an INDOOR playground we could all go there and take over the place for the morning. Just to get started...
    Lara where is that community centre? Are they fussy with their age groups I wonder? My two are great around little ones so I'm not worried about them hurting other kids but if there are others mums in the playgroup who aren't part of our group would they get shirty about it IYKWIM?

Maccas sounds like a good idea. I am easy though whatever suits anyone else is fine with me.

Maccas sounds good to me also. They have McCafe, so at least there will be good coffee.

Sammi she didn't mention about age groups, but I also didn't say anything about the age differences in our kids. The only thing I was concerned about was joining in on an already established play group and there possibly being a few of us.

What day suits everyone? My only bad days are Tuesdays (gymbaroo) and Fridays(swimming). And are mornings better for everyone?

Any days suit me and morning would be better for me too as Rob works arvos and needs the car.

Kate, I can't speak for the other girls but I don't mind if you invited your friend to join in.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm fine most day mornings too. And Kate I don't mind if your friend comes along either

I have only just discovered this ( thanks Kate) and I would be interested too, my prob is I work too, so if I am free I would love to join in and bring my ratbags, LOL.

Kate I don't mind if your friend joins also.

So what about Monday or Thursday mornings?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast