Thread: What age did you start playgroup?

Default What age did you start playgroup?

I was wondering what ages playgroups are for, and if anyone knows of one in the Heidelberg west area?

If not, does anyone want to start a bb one?

Hi Susan

Playgroup is from 0-4

Kameron goes on Wednesdays which means Lachlan goes as well and when Kameron starts kindy next year I will continue on taking Lachlan to playgroup as it is on the same complex

Love :hbeat:

My ds has been going to one since 10mths. He is now 2 years and amelia comes with us. We will start paying for her spot when she is around 9mths. ds will go until he starts kinda. (4 years)
    hth

Melinda Guest

*bump*

I'm thinking about taking Jacob now. I wanted to take him before now, but the time the playgroup is on is when he was having his morning nap and I didn't want to disrupt that (he would go down for a sleep at around 10 am).

Now, he has just one sleep a day, which he goes down for somewhere between 11 - 11.30, but playgroup is 10 - 12 pm. I think I could probably get him to 12 (playgroup is only 50m from our house!) but if not, do you think it would be alright to leave early to avoid tired tanties??

Definitely Mel. I have a few parents at ours that will go home early if their kids are really tired or something like that. You may find he will last too as it is something new for him to do.

Lachlans sleep used to be from 9am - 11am (exact same hours as playgroup) but he did fine in lasting till 11am and even now will go to bed as soon as he gets home.

Love

Hi - our new mothers group morphed into a playgroup when they were babies - about four months old, they did a lot of lying around or sleeping and we chatted and drank tea.

It was good in the beginning, but it got a bit too big (about 13 mums) and it broke up when the kids were just over one. Two of the mums had a bit of a non speaking blue and still don't talk now, three years later, and they live in the same street.

I don't know what I'm going to do this time - Cait will be in 4yo kinda next year. I have a few friends with young ones under one so I don't think I will do playgroup, at least not in the first year.

Babr.

Debbie Lee Guest

We're starting playgroup this week. Like you, Barb, our mother's group has joined up to one. The kids are getting around a lot more now so it will be easier to meet at playgroup. We'll still meet-up at each other's houses but just not as often.

I got the information about it yesterday and it looks pretty comprehensive with a behaviour policy and everything! It's at a Baptist Church so it's a little religious but I don't see it as a bad thing - I want Gabby to learn about Christian values etc. even though I am not a church-goer. I don't think the underlying messages do the kids any harm (love thy neighbour and all that jazz).
    It's only $20 a term which, to me, is more than reasonable.

My challenge will be that, after this week, I'll be taking 2 babies along!! I babysit for one of the girls in MG so I'll have to have eyes in the back of my head most Friday mornings!