Thread: What kind of things/activities do you do at playgroup???

Default What kind of things/activities do you do at playgroup???

Hi all,

I co-run a playgroup and am fresh out of ideas as to things we can do to make it a little more fun so I am asking for all of you wonderful ideas so that i can run them by the mums and dads at my playgroup.

Thankyou all in advance I look forward to reading your ideas :flower:

teddy bear picnics are always a good one.

(thats all i can think of as i had to help my niece pick her fav one recently!)

Sometimes at Paiges Playgroup they have themed days, like last week was a pirate day and the kids did maps and pirate masks, and the playdoug had 'treasure' in it. This week the theme was dinosuars and the kids all had tails to wear and they set the room up like a jungle.

I could pm you with a list of great books by Jane Bull and Nellie Shepherd. Nellie Shepherds book are all art themed, ie amimal art, puppet art etc and Jane Bull's books are for gardening, cooking, craft, rainy day and sunny day etc.

i remember at kindy we had letter days

we had to come dressed as something beginning with that letter and bring something in.

example, i remember P day, i came as a photographer and bought in a pumpkin lmao

but it was fun to see what the others did

Next week we are getting a table and putting 4 blobs of shaving foam onto each side of the table and adding 2 different coloured paints to it. The kids can then get there hands into it and mix it all up over the table. It creates a nice film over the table and the kids can draw pictures or whatever in it. Just have to add a few drops of water to the mixture on the table every once in a while to prevent it drying out. A great way for kids to practice their names or whatever without going thru endless paper.

love

Thankyou all so much,
    You have certainly given me some great ideas that I would have never thought of so thanks for that will run them past everyone tomorrow at playgroup.

:flower: