Thread: BumGenius Pockets V2 or Haute Pockets

Default BumGenius Pockets V2 or Haute Pockets

I am looking at getting a couple of these to try. Which one would be best for a reasonably heavy wetter. Also where online would be the best place to buy them.
    Thanks

I prefer the fit of BumG's. They seem to sit better than Hautes at the front where you snap to adjust the size. The down side to them is they don't seem to age all that well. I haven't had the Haute for as long as the BumG to compare.

Hautes come with a bigger booster and you can choose either snaps or TT.

thenappybucket sell them both I think? I know they sell Hautes.

Maybe get one of each and see what suits you better. Not sure if I've been much help

ETA I just put the Haute on Caleb and it's very wide in the crotch as well. Something to consider on a little bub.
    Last edited by ~Raven~; October 28th, 2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: add more...

Thanks Sammi, I might buy one of each to try!

Hi Lea, The new Haute has just been released and is now Austrlian owned (by Tania for darlings downunder) I am hoping to have one in my hot little hands later this week and I can let you know what the new one looks like but apparently it is much trimmer and a better fit. I am really looking forward to seeing it esp as the Bum G have gone up in price recently.

I agree with Saram. The Hautes have improved a lot and are now Aussie-owned **thumbs up**. As for BGs they just didn't go the distance with my DD. Velcro fell apart, suede fleece inner stopped working, and gave my daughter terrible rashes. I think they are a great design, but they don't last the full two years of cloth nappying.

I've got two of the new Hautes and they're brilliant. The PUL is nicer, the fleece is softer, and the fit is MUCH better than the older style on Mia too.

I'm getting some more next week when I can afford some!!!! LOL

FluffyLaRue Guest

I like both Hautes and BG's and it's wonderful that Tania from Darlings now owns Hautes, and has improved them. There's a new BG version 3.0 being released later this year too.

Just wasnted to add, that I have tried the Hautes out myself and they are gorgeous. The new extra breathable PUL is fantastic in this hot weather we are having and the fit is great, so trim! And have to say the colours are beautiful too.

Yes Fluffylarue have heard there is a new v 3 on the way too

Ssshhhh I just bought one, don't tell my husband!!!! lol!!

This is good news - I wasn't that impressed with Hautes before, but I love love love the BG V2 pocket. Haven't had it all that long to see how it ages, but I guess we'll see. I did try the Haute on him yesterday for the first time in ages, and it was fine, though, so perhaps it was a fitting thing? So annoyed that we can't buy any new nappies right now, will have to wait until we've moved (after Christmas), unless I can convince my family to give S nappies for Christmas LOL

Sasha - I agree, I wasn't entirely happy with the old Hautes either as they didn't fit Mia quite right, but these new ones are so much better!!