Thread: Does the wee in microfibre evaporate?

Default Does the wee in microfibre evaporate?

DS2 goes to childcare 1 day a week and I send pockets with microfibre inserts for him (and they've asked that I send plastic pants due to childcare regs - so I'll send my Mothereze covers, if they want to make more work so be it)

He doesn't drink much milk while he's there & I dunno how much water he has, but when we get home his used nappies seem dry to me. I'll talk to the lady in his room next time I'm in about offering water all the time, but I was wondering if there's an evaporation effect?

Thanks for your help.

Ummmm it shouldn't, and the pockets are PUL? Ummmmm the PUL will allow the excess moisture to "breathe" and putting plastic pants over the top is likely to cause more nappy rash than anything. I'd be concerned that he's not drinking enough, are you supplying bottles for him stlll? Does he drink more at home than at CC?

I'm supplying a bottle and a sippy cup with a soft spout with EBM, but he doesn't drink them - he feeds when I drop him off, when I pick him up and all night to make up for it.

It'll be 2 layers of PUL - nappy & cover, if he gets nappy rash I'll have to work out wether to fight it or just send sposies.

Seriously though, childcare regs? do they insist on plastic pants over sposies?

I think the lack of drink is the more serious problem

Not sure about the nappies hun and J is a bit older, but he was coming home with dry nappies all the time, and was skulling over one bottle of water when coming home so I said something to them about it. She said they regularly offer water in the kids bottles they have there but now that I have said something it hasn't happened again (coincidence?) but it might be worth mentioning and asking how much he is having if he seems to be very thirsty and dry.

I spoke to the ladies today & they said the nappies feel heavy when they take them off (but is that 'cause they're heavier than sposies) & they'll make sure he gets his water often.