thread: GreenKids for night time

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2006
    Logan

GreenKids for night time

Hi

DD is 8 months and I have been using greenkids for daytime nappy and sposies overnight. I tried using a gk last night with a bamboo insert and a thin folded up flat as a booster. I put the nappy on at 7pm and at midnight I checked her nappy because she was restless. To tough her bottom was wet but the nappy itself was only touch damp.

I ended up changing her back to a sposie. Should I have changed her or left her? Is it normal for bub to feel a little damp with cloth nappies?

Currently I change her nappy very 3 hours when using mcn.

Should I be using a particular liner to soak up dampness?

Any suggestions would be good

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

I use GK for DS when I run out of my other night nappies, and I think they are brilliant! I put the following into the pocket:- microfibre insert, the double bamboo insert that they come with AND also another bamboo booster inbetween the insert.
    This does him all night - and its not too bulky, it never feels wet but is certainly bloody heavy when I take it off him of a morning. The inserts are totally saturated, but you wouldn't know it from the outside

The only nappies of mine that feel damp to touch are the fitteds - even with longies over the top.

Hope this helps!!!!

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2006
    Logan

Thanks... I see u r still hanging in there!! I would love to try another type of night nappy but the budget is not stretching far atm, so I have to work with what I have

Should I use a microfleece liner? I am using a disposable liner atm

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

I don't use any liners or anything, but he doesn't poop overnight, so no need for me to use one.

I'm looking at buying one of the new minky GK as well.. they would work good for overnight.

BellyBelly Member
    Add Sair on Facebook

Dec 2006
    Rural Vic

Noah leaks with the GK nappies overnight. I use the double insert as well as that smaller booster insert and still within a few hours he leaks. I have had success with BumGenius and what I do is button up the insert to make it newborn size and use the newborn insert as well and put the bulky part at the front of the nappy to catch more wetness. I have also had success overnight with my Hautes Pocket using all 3 inserts but I find my Hautes is looking very ratty and horrible after a few uses.

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

I use Gk's overnight with a bamboo insert, bamboo booster and a microfibre insert without any leaks. I really like these nappies

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    australia

i'm finding the everyday GK are scratching/poking my baby's thighs where the edge of the velcro loop strip touches. i know it shouldn't touch coz the front is wider than the strip, but the material is so soft and plyable that it folds itself up and stops where the stiffer part starts (which is of course the sharp edge of velcro). my bub has red irritated spots on both thighs... does anyone else have this or know how to avoid it?

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

Yes i get that happening as well. My DD legs are red too, i dont know how to stop it