thread: Greenkids Pockets

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2007
    Sydney

Greenkids Pockets

Has anyone used these on a newborn? I know the website says you can, but I was just wondering how they fit. I like that they have the PUL cover already (so you don't need a cover over the top, right?)

How do they go overnight?

BellyBelly Market Place Member

Jul 2007
    Margaret River

Hey Ezz

I use greenkids...they are the best money I ever spent...

didnt use them until Jay was 12 wks old, but a friend used them as early as 6 wks with her little girl...and they fit really well

and yep you dont need another outer cover...just the insert and the PUL cover

xx yogababy

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2007
    Sydney

Thanks Yogababy! How do they go overnight?

BellyBelly Market Place Member

Jul 2007
    Margaret River

i must admit I use disposables at night...less chance of any night waking

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Nov 2005
    Perth

I love my Greenkids, to date, they have been the nappy to hold up the best with repeated washings etc. The elastics are still awesome, the PUL still looks great as does the velcro. The quality of them is by the far the best in my stash.

I used mine from about 12 weeks, I used prefolds with a cover prior to this as I found this to be a cheaper option than buying heaps of pocket nappies from the start - I also liked the added protection against poo explosions of a breastfed bub.
    The Greenkids will fit a newborn, but are a bit bulky - if this doesn't concern you, then you'll love them; you could try a smaller insert for a trimmer fit. Overnight, not much beats a good fitted with a cover... though I have heard good things about those who use Greenkids overnight.

Matryoshka Guest

I started later so didn't use them when my son was newborn, they are a good nappy but do not hold up over night for me, also the big pain is that now my son is walking and his body has changed shape they do not fit properly anymore!! so i'm glad i only invested in 3 of them. I also use haute one size pockets with snaps which i find a more versatile shape and they do last overnight up to about 8 hours for us.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Apr 2005

Greenkids are one of my favourite nappies at the moment. My son is 4 months old, and they fit him really well. I'm guessing that they would fit a newborn OK, but, as Anna said, they would be quite bulky.

They're not my first choice for overnight (I love the Baby Beehinds Bamboo with a PUL cover for that), but I have used them overnight and stuffed them with a hemp insert PLUS a microfibre booster, and it withstood 12hrs worth of overnight wee without leaking or wicking.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006

I used mine since my bubs was a newborn and they are really good. Fit well. It leaks a bit out the legs though and I'm still trying to stop that. She's almost 11 weeks now.