Thread: Pea Pod nappies?

Question Pea Pod nappies?

Hello - went to baby expo today and saw pea pod brand fitted nappies which seem to be an all-in-one/pocket nappy. DH was quite impressed and they were very reasonable priced in comparison to the other fitted nappies. Has anyone used these? Any thoughts on them? Any info on them would be great. Thanks.

They are essentially a cheaper fuzzibunz. Apparently the sizing runs large, so few babies need the L nappy (unless they are big boofas!!)
    The price is great, but I personally wouldn't want a full collection of them. 5 or so in your stash would be a great addition as I find pocket nappies aren't much good for overnight.
    But you could do alot worse!!!

Thanks Fiona - the lady at the stand said that most babies won't need large. Would they be better than flat nappies that you fold yourself?

Hello...just thought i'd try again. Does anyone have any experience with these nappies? Please? ta.

Hi Rachel, my son is in the large but he is 15kgs... They are a very easy fit for him. I find them great to use. I reckon they are definitely better than the nappies you fold yourself but then again if your bubs isn't here yet, then some of the others recommend using flats and covers for the first few months once he/she is.

Pop into the cloth nappy chatter thread, you can find more great info there.

great value! they have recently made them smaller.
    i tried an old size medium on my 10kg dd and it was almost too big - did up on the tightest snaps.
    havent tried the new sizes.

I bought a few at the expo too! I had my expert (tracey) with me and she seemed very impressed too.

They have a night booster for nights for extra absorbency and they will dry nice and quickly as they are thin.

I cant wait to use them,

Thanks ladies...we were very impressed at the expo as well, they don't seem as bulky as other fitted nappies and a heck of a lot cheaper. Thinking of getting a few just to give them a go.

You may as well give them a go.

We have one. I found that it needed to be changed more often than my other pocket nappies and has since moved to the back of the drawer. It is lovely and soft though.

Yeah I am wondering about that Morv...Riv's been in one for 1.5 hours and he's feeling a bit wet to me...(but he's just gone t sleep...what to do, what to do )

Perhaps not for a newborn Rach, River's about 4.7kg at the moment, and the small is still a little gapey on him...I'll come back and edit this after his change if I'm wrong.

I love peapods!! They are a great price, nice & trim & dry really fast. And I just had a brainwave the other day that with next bub I could just use the insert as a nappy with a cover.

Mind you - with the old sizing - Emma is 12 months & in a small on the smallest setting! :eek: