Thread: PeaPods Pootainment?

Default PeaPods Pootainment?

I have about 6 peapods and DD did her first poop in one the other night. It went every where, and I mean every where, through all her clkothes and onto her rocker .
    She is exclusivly BF.
    Have I done something wrong, or is that normal for Peapods? I found that they leaked a bit to, but have solved that with putting covers on even though they are ment to be waterproof/leakproof.
    I have followed all the instructions re: washing.
    What is going on.
    I am waiting for a deliverery of other MCN /AIO/Pockets to arrive. Hopefully they dont do the same thing

I recently had another pootastrophie at the hands of pea pods... not happy. Jovie did nuggets while I was cooking dinner & I didn't notice. She crawled throughout the house and little nuggets popped out as she was going.... so I found little bits of poo smeared on her from crawling & all over the floors. Thank god I have lino.

I have found that now Claire is a bit bigger, the Peapods are better at pootainment.
    When we first started using them the poo went everywhere, but now her thighs are a bit more chubby and the nappy seals better around her thighs, so poo stays in better.

Ah but this happened last night & Jovie is almost 1.... hmmmm maybe she doesn't have enough meat on her thighs

mmm not sure Christy? I know ours get a bit wet round the elastic in the thighs, but they dont really leak as such... however, they do sometimes leak when she does a massive watery poo, but those ones leak out of the sposies as well.. It comes out the top of the nappy though. She doesnt do nuggets yet though so cant comment on the nuggetainment yet! She doesnt have much meat on her thighs either, but at least the nappies arent loose around the thighs anymore. I still use the small peapods on the smallest snap setting.

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    I recently had another pootastrophie at the hands of pea pods... not happy. Jovie did nuggets while I was cooking dinner & I didn't notice. She crawled throughout the house and little nuggets popped out as she was going.... so I found little bits of poo smeared on her from crawling & all over the floors. Thank god I have lino.
    Same has happened to us Lol, DH thought they were choccie sultanas and was just picking them up and putting them in the bin.

I find the same with the leaking too. And I have a skinny kid, so they're always roomy around - well everywhere. At 18 months old she's still on the tightest fitting for the mediums and they're still loose. I save them for home use.

Sorry Christy I just had to laugh when I read what had happened to Jovie with her nuggets!!!
    I have had to add an extra absorber in my peapods to stops things coming out of them that should be staying in. I had some flannelette flats lying around, so just used them to boost.
    How long have you had them? I have about 10 of them and have just done a strip wash on them, and have found them to be better than before.

how do you strip wash them? Maybe that will help. I can be rest assured that 5 out of 6 times they leak on me

I just washed them in hot water, about 60 degrees, with no detergent, then did another hot wash with a little bit of detergent then dried them. I have read about people putting a bit of vinegar in the final rinse cycle. The way I did it is how they mention to do it on the pea pods website.

When my DD was newborn every nappy I tried, disposable or reusable would leak, the good old cloth nappy were probably the best if used with no liner and the covers fit snuggly around the legs. I use some peapods now and they work well, as long as I find the poo before she decides to fish it out LOL.

Absnz22 Guest

Default Fitting Pea Pods

Hi all
    I have just recently had a wee boy and I use the pea pod nappies, my boy is 6wks old and right from newborn I have had the medium sized pea pods. To conquer the problem of the nappy not fitting properly I just overlapped the poppers!! and then pulled the edge tail bits up higher than the top of the nappy and this means that the leg holes fit snug around the legs. I find them excellent for absorbency, my boy doesn't seem to be bothered by a soiled nappy which saves on the crying!! So easy to wash and dry they have been a life saver so far. Disposables are so expensive.