Thread: Pocket nappy / AIO?

Question Pocket nappy / AIO?

I have been using Baby Beehinds AIO and think its time that i branched out into something new! What is the difference between an all in one and a pocket nappy? Are the pocket nappies more time consuming than an AIO? (I am a complete novice at all of this if you cant tell!) I was looking at the Pocket Change nappy on the darlings downunder website and thought they seemed like a good price..

I think pockets are great. I prefer them from AIOs! They dry quick as. Probably the only thing that takes a bit more time with them is preparing the nappy- stuffing the pocket. Which means that after I get it off the clothes line, I pop the insert (absorbant part of the nappy) into the pocket. I do this with all the nappies at once then they are all ready to pop on over the next few days (so they are then just like an AIO when you do a nappy change). Easy peasy!
    The pocket change nappies are on spec at the moment aren't they? I found they worked great for us. I'd definitely buy more if we needed some.

Have fun shopping!

Em I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pocket change nappies. They are the best ones I have.

They dry quicker than my AIOs and they come with an extra booster. Even good enough for night time 12 hours stints.

I don't find them any different time wise other than he stuffing which takes no time at all.

Em, I love my pocket nappies. I don't have any of the brand that you are talking about, but the ones I have are great (Greenkids, Bumgenius, Blueberry, Fuzzibunz). The only extra time they take is to stuff them, as the other girls said, but that's not hard or time-consuming at all. And they dry soooo much faster!

Depending on what you stuff them with, they will last a lot longer on the bum than the Magicalls. I like that you can customize what you stuff them with, according to your baby's needs.

I think once you 'branch out' into these nappies, you'll really enjoy them

Oh, I can't tell you how long those 'Pocket Change' nappies have been on my 'to try' list! Do the inserts really shake themselves out in the wash? That is such a selling point for me!

Yep Nelle, they really do - well mine do anyways.....

ETA I bought Darcy hers at 8months old. They're still in great condition, they still fit and we're still on only the second tightest snap. The elastic's still fantastic too.

Damn, I just bought a Haute today from Darlings Downunder (on spec too!) and saw the pocket change ones but hadn't heard anything about them - can't believe they self-separate - how cool!!!

I too tend to stuff mine all at once (usually while watching "Deal or no Deal" hee hee) and store them in the drawer ready to go. I just keep spare boosters and 2nd inserts for night etc.... and add these when needed.

Hehe, can't believe I didn't answer your original question Em! I got sidetracked by Pocket Change talk.

I like both AIO's and Pockets Pockets dry quicker, and I find them just as easy as AIO's - IF I take the time to pre-stuff them. Then they go in my 'nappies ready to go' basket with the AIO's. If I don't take the time to pre-stuff them when they come in from the line, then it can be a pain searching for inserts during nappy change time. So - the trick is to pre-stuff them, and then they're very good!

AIO's are good, because they're the simplest to use! True AIO's like HoneyBoys (which are grouse) can take a bit longer to dry, but are super easy to use. I like my AI2's - where instead of stuffing them like a Pocket, the inserts snap in. So a bit simpler than a pocket, but still can dry quickly. Examples of these are BerryPlushes and Itti Bitti AIO's.

But yeah, those Pocket Change nappies look good - I can be a bit precious about unstuffing a nappy before washing if it's super pooey, so a nappy that unstuffs itself in the wash is a great idea!
    Let us know how you go, and what you decide on!

Thanks so much for your help girls! I have decided to go with the Pocket Change - at the moment just going to get one or two in the small size to see how i go and then if i love them, which i think i will, order more in the next size up. DS is only 7 and half kg at the moment, so will be a little bit longer before he can fit the medium (8.6kg). Thanks once again!

Good choice!..you are even tempting me now!