Thread: Am very scared... Baby Number 1

scared Guest

Default Am very scared... Baby Number 1

Hi,
    I have just found out today that i am expecting and i am freaking out i have every emotion going through my head...

I am a work aholic, I just purchased my first home, I am a big girl and i am freaking that i am not going to cope with this pregnancy. I do have a supporting father however he lives in a different state, and my partner is so excited.

Any advice?

Scared

Congratulations!!
    It's perfectly normal to feel a bit scared and ambivalent. Becoming a parent is a life changing event and IMO it would be a bit strange if you weren't feeling all kinds of emotions especially in light of the fact that you have all the preggy hormones to cope with as well.
    You're in the right place for lots of cyber-hand-holding during your pregancy I'm sure that if you find your belly buddies group it will help you to share with a bunch of mums (and dads) to be who are in a similar place.
    You can also post about specific questions you have in the trimester and general pregnancy forums.

Welcome to BellyBelly

ETA - if you can start living on one wage now and saving the difference it will be great practice for when the baby arrives and also a great way to save up to cover costs during your maternity leave and beyond.

Hi

Not sure how much advice I can give you. I think it's normal to have a lot of emotions running through you when you're pg. Especially if it wasn't planned.

You'll be able to find heaps of support and advice on here to help you through and it's great that you have a supporting father and partner.

Wishing you all the best for a happy and health pg.

Hi scared,
    congratulations to you both.
    What you are feeling is very normal, and I think everyone goes through it at some stage.
    The thing about being a parent is that its all about learning and Im sure you will be a great mum.

congratulations, it is a scarey time eso for first time mums, i wish you a wonderful pregnancy!

Welcome Scared! You just found out? Congrats! Pregnancy can take a bit of getting your head around, all the best as you hang out here, learn about your pregnancy and chat with others in similar situations!

Dachlostar has some great advice on trying to live on one wage, or at least a reduced wage - you'll suddenly realise all the things it turns out you don't really need! (but still have some cash for a last hurrah or two before bub comes!)

All the best!

I was excited and petrified when I found out I was pregnant. It's a big change so of course it's an emotional roller coaster. Once baby arrives though most of those fears melted away and were replaced by this ridiculous amount of love.

Hi, What wonderful news and congratulations. It sounds like you have a good support network and BB will be a wonderful advantage for you throughout your 9 months. Wishing you a very Happy and Healthy Pregnancy. All the best.. xxoo

Congratulations! Take lots of deep breaths! lol. You'll find the answers to questions you hadn't thought to ask on BB. See you in the forums

Congratulations! It is completely normal to be scared or even terrified! Having a baby is probably the biggest thing you will ever do in your life. As a mum you will make mistakes but I don't know a mum who hasn't made some mistake. Ask for help if you need it and simply love your baby and you will be fine!

Congratulations - i dont really have any advice for u but i hope u have a wonderful pregnancy

Congratulations!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!
    All the best