Thread: Can't wait to tell the world we're pregnant!!!

Aneta Guest

Default Can't wait to tell the world we're pregnant!!!

Hi, Im 26, married, living in SA, and am 8 wks pregnant with my first pregnancy!!

We are so excited, even though bubs is coming along just a lil bit sooner than planned As strange as it sounds, I had a feeling within days that I was pregnant.. but my home pregnancy test was negative as it would have been too early to test, so I went for a blood test on the 16th of May, got a call from the docs on the 17th who said "the test is negative, you must be so relieved"... but to tell you the truth, I wasnt.. I just FELT pregnant!?!

I tried to forget about it for a few days, then on Wednesday 28th May, I tried the home pregnancy test again as hubby and I were rushing to get ready for work first thing in the morning. I looked at it after a few minutes and no pink stripe...not really expecting to see one. I went to pick the test up a few minutes later to throw it out and WHOA! there it was!!! a pink "positive" in my shaking lil hand!!! I just looked at my hubby standing in the shower and said "oh sh*t! we're pregnant!!!" Needless to say, he went to work and I didnt... off to the docs for another blood test...

The next day was absolutely perfect, Thursday 29th of May... Hubby and I both had the day off work to make the trip to the doctors together... and Im so glad we did as the doc confirmed the blood test came back positive!! I'll always remember slyly looking at eachother, seeing the gorgeous shy grin on hubby's beeming face as the doctor started ordering more tests!! It was such a nice surprise, the best news ever!!! and we were there to hear it together! I couldnt have planned it any better!

We went to the shops straight away... bought a yellow dummy to put in a pink gift bag labelled "Babcia" (Grandma in Polish) for my mum, and a yellow baby singlet to put in a blue gift bag labelled "Dziadzius" (Grandpa) for my dad... and drove down to their house to present them with their lil gifts! It took them a moment to figure out what their gifts were... My dad was holding the singlet, nothing sinking in just yet, until we said "you're going to be grandparents! we're pregnant!" He threw the lil singlet down and burst into tears of joy!! It was so funny, my dad is such an emotional man! My mum just jumped up, hugging me and repeating "noooo...?!?! really??? noooo!!!?" It was wonderful to see their reaction, and Im so glad we decided to tell them in a special lil way.. now when ppl come over their house, they get their lil gift bags out to proudly show them how they found out

We have taken photos from day 1.. of the home pregnancy "positive" test; the parents getting their lil giftbags... hubby telling his mum and then his dad over the phone... Im going to start on a lil scrapbook for Bubs... its bright green with a felt lil house on the front.. so the first page will read "welcome to the world.. welcome to our home.. this is your journey..."

Now hubby and I cant wait to start telling the world! so far only close family and friends and work colleagues know, and we will start to tell everyone else once we have our first scans 11th of July... Its a high risk pregnancy (as im Type 1 Diabetic) so we dont want to tell everyone until the 3 month mark... but just incase something goes wrong, we'd love the support of the special ppl around us that already know

I know this entry is a bit of a novel, but I'd love to hear other ppl's good news too Its such an exciting time Its funny that you dont think about pregnancy or babies or being a parent, until it happens to you!!
    Last edited by Aneta; June 22nd, 2008 at 01:30 PM.

congrats!!!!

Aneta Guest

Thanks!! you must be sooo excited! I cant wait to find out what my baby factory is making! have you picked names yet? Is this your first bub?

Congratulations Aneta

that was such a lovely 'finding out you're pregnant' story!

I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy pg and welcome to belly belly

Big congratulations to you and your DH!! Your story is such an uplifing one and I wish you 9 months of pure bliss while waiting for your little bundle. Such a lovely time for you both.

Nita

Oh what a lovely story. Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the very best for the rest of your pregnancy!

CoNgRaTs on the pregnancy..wishing you a H&H pregnancy

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your happy story

Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations, Aneta! I loved reading your story and how your parents reacted! So lovely! Your scrapbook sounds like a fantastic idea and you already have captured some wonderful moments to put in it.
    Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy and sending you lots of

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy!!!