thread: Finally got my BFP

Jun 2008
    Forster, NSW

Finally got my BFP

Hi everyone,
    I'm new on here so not quite sure where to start. Hubby and I have been ttc since we got married in April 2007 and have had 1 MC in that time, and have been trying for over 12 months since then. We had just gone to see my gp about what on earth was going on and why we couldn't fall again, and she told us to wait 3 more months before going into further tests etc, and this month we finally got our BFP.
    I really didn't have the fealing that we were, but the other day I couldn't wait any longer after being 3 days late for AF and did a HPT and the second line came up straight away. We are so excited. But also a little scared because of what happened last time. I don't want to lose another baby and it's hard not to worry, while trying to be positive at the same time. I do feel different than last time I was pregnant, so hopefully this one is sticking around for another 8 months for us.
    I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully sharing a happy journey with you.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber. Love a friend xxx

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's wonderful news for you and your man. All the very best for a happy healthy pregnancy. Totally understand the trepidation and fear but all you can do is go with it... allow yourself to worry, it's natural, but also allow yourself to embrace the joy of the new little life you have created.

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Congratulations and welcome to BB!

Jun 2008
    Forster, NSW

thanks. It's so different to the first time round, cause I was completely naive as to what could go wrong and just expected everything to be perfect and it took me along time to accept what happened, and I just don't want to go there again. I'm enjoying it 100% but I don't want to grow too attached like I did last time.
    Meanwhile you can't wipe the smile of my face. lol.

Feb 2009
    In the poor house...

Congratulations and welcome

Take care.
    xx

Oct 2008
    In a Nice Safe Space

Congrats on your BFP!!!!! I hope that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Aug 2008
    qld

congratulations and good luck.

oh and welcome

Mar 2006
    Canberra

Congratulations - wishing you a H&H pregnancy.

When I first got pregnant back in 2006 I was convinced like you that nothing ever goes wrong and it did - but my beautiful DD was born in 2008 happy and healthy and I have a new spin on life - things happen for a reason.

Enjoy every day of this pregnancy and try not to think about what-ifs - check out the other thread 'due in december' and I hope to get to know you there.

Sticky vibes all around.
    xx

May 2007
    Home

YAAYYYY!!!!
    Awesome news dancer!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jun 2006
    Where the sun shines brightly!

Congratulations ktdancer- Brilliant news!!

May I suggest you purchase the book 'The Natural Way to a Better Pregnancy' by Francesca Naish. Avail from bookstores or online. It's loaded with advice - much of which you are unlikely to hear from your doctor.

All the best

XX

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2008

to BB and congratulations on your BFP

I hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months.

Once you start to find your way around BB you can join a BellyBelly group with people at the same stage of pg as you & also there are lots of threads with info and general sharing from women who are apprehensive about pg - these thread offer heaps of reassurance and support.

Congrats again on your BFP ... look forward to seeing you around BB

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
    I hope you have a great pregnancy.

xox

Apr 2006
    In the ning nang nong...

Congratulations, ktdancer! Totally understand where you're coming from about being a little scared. Try to hold on to the excitement you felt when you saw the second line come up. I was so excited, I kept doing HPTs! hehehe Enjoy the ride and make the most of every day!