Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally pregnant but WORRIED!!

shrimpy Guest

Default Finally pregnant but WORRIED!!

Hi everyone,

Am very new to this and just stumbled across it whilst trying to find info to alleviate my mind. My husband and I have been trying for 18months and finally found out we were having a baby two weeks ago, since then have had some spotting and have been extremely anxious, had US which proved everything normal, pregnancy at 6.5 weeks. This week have had more spotting and have been ordered serial HcG's, first one was at 42000 and then two days later 68000 and today 81000, so definitely not doubling every two days!! My dr tells me it is probably because they are starting to plateau at nearly 8 weeks. Am hopefully having another US tomorrow just to put myself at ease as I have read everywhere if it doesn't double the pregnancy is probably non viable. Anyone have any idea's?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

congratulations on your pregancy - try not to worry - once you have a heartbeat it is usually a good outcome.

Beta hCG levels should double approximately every 2 days for the first four weeks of pregnancy . As pregnancy progresses the doubling time increases. By 6 to 7 weeks gestation beta hCG levels may take as long as 3 1/2 days to double
    or 96hrs I read elsewhere.

Google HCG calculators -doubling times and you will put your mind at rest -they sound good to me. All the very best for next 7.5 months.

I had spotting from 5wks 6days to 13 weeks - twin pregnancy and my boys are 9.5wks old.It can be so worrying but hang in there.Goodluck.

Welcome to BB Shrimpy and congratulations on your pregnancy! Afraid I don't have any info for you, but just wanted to wish you a warm welcome and all the best for your pregnancy!

Hi Shrimpy..welcome to BellyBelly. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I won't tell you my story, but your levels are excellent, so as Trish said, hang in there and you'll be fine. Good luck with your Ultrasound.

Hello and welcome to BB Shrimpy. All the best with the pregnancy. My hcg numbers never did what they were "supposed" to do but despite all warnings we went on to have a healthy baby. Thinking of you.

Jo

Hi Shrimpy, welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! hCG monitoring for progression in the UK isn't that common, so I can't give you any more info, but I'm sure your next scan will provide some reassurance.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I hope the u/s goes well.

Loads and loads of sticky vibes to you!!

Tanya

12bliss Guest

Big Congrats

Big congrats on ur long awaited preg Wishing u all the best

Congartulations! I think is preobablyt pretty noirmal to worry like you do, but hopie it eases so you can enjouy it some more

Welcome to BB and congratulations Shrimpy!!

*Kristee* Guest

Welcome to BB. And Congratulations on your pregnancy.
    My HCG levels were all over the place and had light spotting for a few days, like some of the other girls said, i went on to have a happy and healthy baby girl.

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot- 7th April (Easter Sat)
    TTC around wedding time.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Welcome to BellyBelly and congrats on your pregnancy

Shrimpy, welcome to BB.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Sending you loads of sticky vibes. I hope that after your ultrasound today that things are looking up for you.

Kristy

shrimpy Guest

Hi again!

Had Ultrasound this afternoon and dr was very very happy with how everything looks. Had grown since last US and he said baby is now at eight weeks. Am finally starting to feel excited. thank you all for your comments, your reassurance made alot of difference to my sanity!

Ailsa

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi There & welcome to BB....

Congratulations on your pregnancy...I'm glad everything went well with the US. Best wishes for a H & H 7 months.

Congratulations on your pregnancy Shrimpy. I know it's hard but try not to worry too much as spotting in the first trimester is very normal. You don't have to be concerned unless it is accompained with painful cramps. Best of luck with your ultrasound today. I am positive everything is going to be fine with your bub. Your HCG levels are great.

Hi Shrimpy and welcome to BB.

That is great news re the scan!

Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast