Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here we go again

I posted my question of the low heart rate on here tonight and I got such a great response. Appears anything over 100bpm is good. Phew relief, and alot of these people had surviving babies of low heart rates, so that is def reassuring.

I guess having the vivid memory of one of my twins loosing the heart rate when it was 109bpm had me worried, but I guess that was just meant to be too and it was going to happen, didn't mean it was too slow.

So I am going to keep thinking happy thoughts for my bub, I just know all is going to be ok now.

Just an update from me.

I saw my gyno Thursday fortnight ago and bubs heart rate was 135bpm (7 weeks 2 days), and he said all looked well, no bleeding around or in the sac, the discharge I had was unexplained but believes bubs is doing well. I am so pleased. I finally feel like I can breathe. He wants me to have another scan in the next week or so, just to keep my mind reassured.

So the low heart rate he explained was not really low and he said anything over 100 he would have been happy with (bubs heart rate was 107 at 6 weeks 2 days). I guess I was more concerned because I have lost a twin at 109bpm and on the scan report it said the hr was slow.

Sometimes too much information can be damaging to your mind huh.

I also have to go back to him in January and have another colposcopy, but this time whilst pregnant. I have had a low grade abnormality since Lachlan was born and a papsmear recently showed that it is high grade. So he just wants to make sure there is no cancer. Crossing fingers all is ok!

Thanks everyone for your support so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123