Thread: New to this and pregnant!

Smile New to this and pregnant!

Hello everyone! I found out on Friday that I am pregnant! Very early yet, period not even due for another three days. Thought I'd better do a test as we were planning on having a big weekend on the grog! Turned out to be a quiet weekend instead! We are very excited as we have been trying for five months.
    I am a little worried as I have had period type pains for the last two days. This will be my second baby but my daughter will be ten this year so it has been a long time since I have been pregnant! In the past I have suffered three miscarriages (which is why I am worried!)
    Wondering if anybody out there has had similar pains?? I went to the Dr today for a blood test and will go back in a few days for another to make sure the hcg levels are rising as they should. Trying not to stress until i find out!!!!
    Thanks everyone!

Hi Kymmy81 and welcome. Congrats on your pregnancy. When you know more, due date etc, you are welcome to join a bellie buddies group. I am in the group due November 16-30. I am currently around 5 weeks so very early too. I am worried about this one too cause I suffered a m/c in Jan this year.

Hi Kymmy,

I am 7w3d and think i understand what you are thinking. Right before i was due to get my period i experienced my usual period type pains such as mild cramps and some back pain..... the catch was i didn't get my period!

This is my first pregnancy and I am very paranoid and neurotic about every twinge i feel but my basic premise at the moment is that if there is no bleeding then it is all good!

All the best,

Hi and to BB.

I wish lots of sticky vibes upon you for this little bubba.

Try not to worry too much about the period type pains, they may just be the uterus stretching which feels very similar... I do hate to be a realist as well though and you should know that until your period officially doesn't arrive it can go either way... I had a positive test and then a late period, what's called a chemical pregnancy, and they're more common these days with all the early testing going on. But the blood tests should give you a definitive answer!! Having said all that I wish you the very stickiest vibes out there and I hope this little one holds on for you!!

Thumbs up

Thanks Everyone!

My cramps and backache have subsided today and I am feeling good! I have decided that thinking positive is the way to go! x x

That's great - positive thinking can work wonders

Smile

I agree Shades! I took another preg test today and the line came up heaps darker which made me feel even better! Yay! I am really starting to get excited now!

That's great Kymmy - I'm really happy for you

Congratulations!!!

Thankyou Celsie and Shades! Got hcg results and they are 131 @ 3weeks and 4days! Happy with that!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

xox

Shalou Guest

Congratulations on your pregnancy Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

welcome and congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Kymmy! Sending you and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Hi Kymmy81. Welcome to bb. Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.

Thanks everyone! Congratulations on all of your pregnancies as well! Such an exciting time for us all!!!