thread: Pregnant, happy, but not getting too carried away...

Oct 2008
    Newport, VIC

Pregnant, happy, but not getting too carried away...

Hi all,

I haven't posted in here since my miscarriage last year, so just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that I'm pregnant again. Bit of a story really....

We are currently on holidays in Europe. We were in Venice last week and I started to feel really off. Everything was so STINKY and I felt nauseaous. I put it down to different diet and the canals and didn't think much of it. After a few days, I began to think.... mmmmm.... So informed hubby whilst on the back of the boat to get the train to Rome.

In Rome it started to come a bit undone. Husband got very sick, severe constipation - had to be hospitalised. We were due to stay a few more days, but was miserable, I was feeling sick all the time and just couldn't cope. We were due to come back to London to stay at a friends place so just came back a few days early. On the plane back to London I managed to throw up all over myself!

It went downhill from there. Once I started vomiting I didn't really stop. Husband was slowly getting better but still couldn't really look after me. I chucked pretty much for 4 days. I was trying to eat and drink but it just wasn't staying down.

This was not the glamourous European vacation we signed up for!

In the end I went to hospital and was admitted overnight. Severely dehydrated. They gave me some anti-nausea stuff, kept me on a drip and told me off for not coming in earlier. They kept freaking me out by saying strong morning sickness is a sign of multiple pregnancy. I got a scan whilst I was in the hospital and all is well with the baby (just one). Apparently my baby has a gestational age of 5 weeks and one day.

Whilst I'm pleased about the baby, after the miscarriage I'm just not getting ahead of myself. Last time I miscarried at 7ish weeks so that is stuck in my head a bit. I was so upset after my miscarriage that I don't want to go through that again. So whilst I'm happy, I'm not quite planning for the future yet.

We fly home from London on Friday and I CAN'T WAIT to sleep in my own bed...

I hope everyone else is well and that all goes smoothly for everyone else.

Love, Fiona

Nov 2005
    Sunshine Coast

Congratulations - I understand the trepedation totally. Lots of

Oct 2008
    In a Nice Safe Space

Congratulations - Thanks for sharing the story of how it all happened and how you found out. I'm sorry you were so sick. I hope that the MS doesn't last too long for you. Glad that your DH is O.K. too.

Wishing you all the best for a H&H pregnancy.

Mar 2007
    outer South East Melbourne

Congratulations! Sounds like a lot of drama with your holiday. You probably wont get too excited about it til you get past 7 weeks, but then you will start to enjoy it more... presuming the MS is under control.

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

Congratulations Fiona.........here's to a h & h pregnancy!

Sending you lots of

Feb 2009
    In the poor house...

Congratulations Fiona !

Hope the M/S eases to a bearable level.
    Goodluck with the flight home !
    Take care
    xxx

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

Congratulations! I wish you a healthy and smooth pregnancy.
    Good luck with the flight home. I hope the m/s eases off for you.

xox

May 2007
    Home

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Yay!! What a cool story to tell bub when they get older!!
    Good luck with your pregnancy, remember morning sickness is a sign that everything is doing perfectly! So i'm sure everything will work out wonderfullY!

Add ElleJay on Facebook Follow ElleJay On Twitter

Jun 2007
    Western Australia

Congrats! I understand the hesitation too, I was 7 weeks when I lost my first angel, and I'm UTD now too and when the 7week mark came and went, I breathed a sigh of relief.. Don't do what I've done all this pregnancy (worrying to a major extent) and just enjoy it

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Perth

Congratulations, I'm sure all will be well!!

Add STARRYSKY on Facebook Follow STARRYSKY On Twitter

Aug 2007
    adelaide

Congratulations, I hope everything settles down for you very quickly, its so understandable to be a bit cautious about your new pregnancy, but as lj said, once you are past your personal marker, try to enjoy it, easier said than done, I know, I stressed out the whole 40 weeks!!
    sending you heaps of xxx

Oct 2008
    Newport, VIC

We leave London tomorrow and I am really hanging out to get home. Nothing better than your own bed.

And whilst I am glad to be pregnant, it has put a dampner on my shopping plans. I love shopping in London and wanted to buy a heap of stuff. But now I feel fat (!) and the thought of the shopping crowds makes me want to vomit. I did manage some nice stuff yesterday and didn't buy anything in baby Gap for fear of jinxing. However the clothes were soooooo cute!

Now I'm just going to be praying for an upgrade on the flight home....

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Congratulations! Wishing you a very H&H pregnancy

And enjoy sleeping in your own bed when you get home, ahhhh....

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Hi all,

1)This was not the glamourous European vacation we signed up for!

2)Last time I miscarried at 7ish weeks so that is stuck in my head a bit. I was so upset after my miscarriage that I don't want to go through that again. So whilst I'm happy, I'm not quite planning for the future yet.

3)We fly home from London on Friday and I CAN'T WAIT to sleep in my own bed...

1) Sorry but i have to admit i was laughing here.....

2) Hugs hun, everyone here that has been in the same boat understands how you are feeling!

3) Nothing like your own bed!

Safe travel home and congrats about your baby, im sure all will be ok!

Apr 2006
    In the ning nang nong...

Congratulations! Hope you get that flight upgrade! Sending you loads of and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!