Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: very faint positive

mibebita Guest

Wink very faint positive

for quite some time now i have gone through about 5 pregnancy tests per month, checking every morning until the tell-tale red drops of disappointment would appear...

this month, on First Response test number 3 (always first morning urine, just to be sure), the faintest of faint lines appeared next to a very bright control line...

i immediately made an appointment and went to the docs about 5 hours later, and not surprisingly the urine test now was negative, to which he just said "sorry", i was immediately defending myself saying "no, i swear i could see a faint line at home. what is the specificity of this test?" and he said "it is designed to pick up very very low levels of hCG, i'm sorry" and i said "no, i want a quantifiable blood test"...

i went home and found the said test, went through the bin to find the previous day's test and inspected them closely, comparing and hoping i wasn't imagining it...
    the next morning i needed to call the doc at 11 for my results, but i was told to call back in 30 minutes. i'd been holding my pee in all morning and just couldn't wait any longer, so i took test number 4 in with me, and -- still not as bright as the control line, but definately there. i marched back to the telephone in triumph and called my doctor, and as much as i wanted to scream "i told you so" down the phone, i was just so happy to hear a medical professional confirming that YES i am pregnant.

The blood test came in at 38mU/ml, well under the 50mU/ml that pregnancy tests usually detect at (hCG levels had probably doubled by the time i took the next day's test), so that faint line was very faint indeed, but i'm so HAPPY!

Congratulations mibebita! That's fantastic news!!! Wishing you a very happy & healthy pregnancy.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! All the best for a H&H pregnancy

Congratulations.

Congratulations, mibebita!!

I hear what you're saying about the first doctor's appointment experience!! Mine was: "It's only just..." and that was with me standing next to the doctor watching the second line come up! And the blood test the following morning came back with a 739 hcg level!!!!! The stress and self doubt that some doctors can cause...

So here's a HUGE woohoo on your *BFP* and wishing you a very H&H pregnancy!

Congratulations mibebita .... i hope you have a wonderful pregnancy

fantastic news, congratulations

congrats mibebita - all the best for your pregnancy

congratulations

Congratulations!!

Congratulations!!!

Congtarulations...Wishing you a H&H 9months!

mibebita Guest

Thanks so much everyone for your kind wishes!! I saw a little dot of a yolk sac on an ultrasound today, and i'm still walking around beaming!

Congratulations! All the best for a H&H pregnancy

Congratulations!!

Wishing you a H&H pregnancy

CONGRATULATIONS - good on you for standing your ground with Dr. Wishing you a H&H nine months.

fel23y Guest

mibebita, congratulations firstly
    im gald to know that i wasnt goin crazy when i did my test today i was a bit worried that i was seeing things as well i did a fortel early pregnancy test twise and both came up the same the control window very bright and result line very faint looked like it was hardly there but you have to realy look at it to see it .is that what yours looked like ????
    i wasnt sure weather to get excited over it or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast