Thread: Yay first bub for me!

Default Yay first bub for me!

Yay!

I just found out I'm approx 6 weeks pregnant!

Extremely funny situation finding out - I've had NO symptoms (except for sore swollen breasts) and found out from a routine blood test (my period was late - again - and i wanted the Gardasil shot)... The Dr had to tell me three times till it sank in!

I should be due late July/early Aug 08 - and i cant wait!

Now - any suggestions for handling the Xmas/NewYear/Bday parties (now that i cant drink! ) without letting the cat out of the bag everytime someone asks why I'm not drinking? I did want to wait till 2nd Tri before spreading the word!

Hi & welcome to BB.Come and join us in BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby. We are all due late July 08 aswell. Hmm maybe you can see your dieting..or Dr told you that you need a good detox??

Hi, I am due in early August, so when you find out your due date join whichever BellyBuddies group you fit in to BellyBuddies - Due August 1-15, 2008

I have a party this weekend, my mums 40th birthday, and I haven't told her yet, so I am just using the excuse "I've had a few too many big nights lately!"... I hope most people will believe me, after all it is the silly season!!!!!

Congrats. If you usually drink people will know something's up anyway. They probably wont say anything, but when you tell them later on.... they will say something like..... I guessed when I noticed you weren't drinking. I've already had that happen to me.

Thanks Lindsay & Leasha!

I'll use those "excuses" for the silly season! Hopefully it should throw everyone off the scent (*prays M/S doesn't start!*)

I should find out when I'm due in a week or so - so I'll be in the appropriate forum soon!

Congrats!!!

Congratulations i hope u have a wonderful pregnancy

Congrats!! What do you drink? I fill up a wine bottle with Non alcoholic wine, easy or if you drink rum adn coke just have the coke, most people wont notice! Good Luck!

Congrats!!

Congratulations lue101,wishing you a H & H pregnancy.
    This might seem like a silly suggestion but maybe you could play the desinated driver card (providing you drive) over Christmas/New Year period?

Congrats Hun, wishing you a H and H pregnancy!!

Go with the I am on antibiotics, that is my spin for DH chistmas show next weekend!! Most of our friends know I haven't been drinking for a couple of months - me trying to improve fitness and on request of my persoanl trainer!!

Thanks All!

I actually survived DP's Birthday by drinking Apple Cider in a beer glass - no-one was any the wiser that i wasn't drinking!

My results are in and I'm actually due in Early August - so leasha0986 - I'll be in the forum soon!

congratulations!

can u ue the 'designated driver" excuse?!
    aplle cider in a beer glass is a good on lol aslong as someone else doesn pick up your drink by mistake!

Congrats on your pregnancy, don't forget as well as avoiding the grog, you need to excuse yourself from some cheesecakes and sorry to say this but chocolate mouse,

and Deli meats etc etc etc, Christmas is a hard time to do this but you will succeed I did this time last year and no one knew, not even my mum!!

Congrats! Here's hoping you have a H&H 9months