Thread: 12 weeks and new to this !

janelouise Guest

Default 12 weeks and new to this !

Hello all, I am very new to this by the way...
    I am 12weeks preg yesterday and over the moon. I have not been sick at all, just a bit tired in the afternoon.

Question - my partner and I have decided against the test for downs as we wouldn't terminate either way. How do people feel about this? I am 29 and don't see myself as a massive risk case ? Now I am just waiting for the 18 week scan, and can't wait to see the gorgeous little critter again!!

Hi There Janelouise

Welcome to BellyBelly. Congratulations on your pregnancy. It is totally up to you if you have the test for down syndrome or not. If you know you would not terminate no matter the outcome then there is really no need.

Love :smt049

Hi Janelouise,

Welcome to BellyBelly and congrats on your pregnany!! \/

I agree with Kathryn, it is totally your choice as to whether you test or not and personally speaking, you are lucky to have the choice in the first place!!

nellbe

Hi Janelouise,

Welcome to BellyBelly, and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I decided not to test for Downs when I was pregnant with Olivia........like you, I knew there was no way I would be able to terminate. However, I did have an additional scan sheduled in at around the 12 and the 15 week mark (plus I had had scans at 7 weeks and 10 weeks) so I felt constantly comforted by those images. Plus my OB kept reasurring me that my baby was "perfect and normal", whoich helped........(and she is!).

So, bear that in mind.......if you can, or if you want to, insist on extra scans......not that it makes any difference, but if you are at all nervous at any time, a scan is a wonderful thing to give you peace of mind........

Enjoy your pregnancy........

Scarlett Guest

Hi,

We had the 13 week scan, but only to get an early detailed look at baby. It was worth it from that point of view.

Welcome to Bellybelly!

I too decided not to do the tests as no matter what the results we would go through with the pregnancy, but it is always your choice entirely... We just know children with disabilities and love them! So we chose to not do it, needless to say we definately had the 19 week scan just so we could prepare for anything...