Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 wk ultrasound.. what takes place?

Thanks so much deb i really reallyyy needed that reassurance you wouldnt believe how much!

Its a very exciting time as my best friend is due next month , my sister in law is due in may my other friend is due in june my cousin is due in august im due in september and hubbies cousin is due in august

Soooo many babies!!!!

Good luck with your scan tomorrrow i pray everything will go perfect for you!!

Looking forward to hearing your news!!

xoxxoxox

Hi Ambz,
    I'm booked into same place as you to have my u/s. I'm booked for next thurs but freaking out a bit now, hope I don't have to have an internal, they never said anything but i'm not sure now.

Thanks Deb for the info. I might ask when i go to the hospital, see what they say.. but by then ill be 14 weeks so who knows. Id like to see whats going on in there though.. as last time i saw, being only 5 weeks 4 days, it was just a lil blob and too young to see a heart beat.. I wonder if i should see my GP and ask her if i should book an ultrasound before my hospital visit..

Thats great ambz!

Shellbell, i was scared of the thought of an internal scan when i heard about them before my 5 week 4 days appointment.. but when they did it, i found it actually wasnt that bad at all.. infact i actually perferred it to the external as i was in so much pain with that one as my bladder was so full! But yeh, theres no pain with the internal, you have a blanket over you so no one sees anything, they put gel on it so theres no real discomfort.. nothing like when you have a p/s.. and it gives you a better look at bubs

Hi Ambz,
    How did your Nuchal ultrasound go? I have been thinking of you.
    Everything went really well for us. I got given the odds of an 18 year old of my baby having a chromosomal disorder. Frank is just an absolutely gorgeous obstetrician and he said all looks perfect so far. It was a huge relief for me. Because I have seen Frank for all of my nuchals and my 18-20 week scans that is quite a lot of time we have spent together.
    So, all being well I will go back to him for my 18 week scan in about 6 weeks.
    I look forward to hearing your news.
    Love Deb

Hi Deb!

The scan went fantastic!!
    We are so pleased and happy that our baby is growing well.
    Bubs measure about 5.6centimetres, everthing that should be seen was seen. The heart beat was amazing to hear. Nice and strong as the doctor put it. It was very actively moving around touching its head and even sucking its thumb. We were in awe!!!!
    Also the results of the scan put bubs in the low risk group.
    so that was fantastic news!!
    It was such a facinating experience and really put my mind at ease.
    I could not believe there was this little baby moving around and growing inside me

We got some photos and even some 3d shots which are amazing and also our very own dvd of the ultrasound.
    I could not recommend melbourne ultrasound for women enough!
    The lady that did the u/s was fantastic and very informative, she took her time to point out everthing to us and to answer whatever questions we asked!

Im so happy to hear your scan went well!!! We are due so close together it awesome to know theres other people you can share your concerns and happiness with!!

love ambz

xoxoxox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12